Can we include videos in our listings?

As my mobiles are very mobile, it would be really useful to be able to include a video of them in action. I have videos uploaded to Instagram and Facebook, but would like to be able to add them to my Folksy listings. Is there a way to do this at the moment, or is it something that could be added?

At the moment its not possible to add videos to listings but you could add a link (albeit a non clickable one) to the video on FB or IG to the listing so that people can go and view it.

Thank you. I’m not good at this, so what is a non clickable link that links to Instagram and Facebook? Presumably a potential customer would have to be able to click on it to get to see the video?

The customer would have to copy and paste the link into a new tab on their web browser rather than being able to just click on it and that happening automatically.
I put some videos on instagram over the weekend so if I copy the url link and paste it here https://www.instagram.com/p/B_sAFR5FWB0/ you can copy the link (actually it should be a clickable link here in the forums but I don’t know how to make it unclickable) and you will be taken to the video. You can copy the url for your videos and then paste them into the listing for people to follow.

Scrap that you can’t add links to instagram videos in listings - I’ve just tried and the instagram url has funny characters in it that folksy doesn’t recognise.

I’ve just tried a Copy and Paste and it seemed to work. I copied my Instagram url from the address bar on the Instagram site and pasted it into my description text. It was not clickable, so I copied and pasted it from the description text
back into a clean web page and it went through to my Instagram page.

I don’t trust these things, so I’ll try it with the other videos and see if it really works.

Kind regards,

Julia

I just went to your instagram page via the link on your fishy mobile. It’s great idea to be able to see them moving, and I love the bird song that goes with your robins. Love the sunflowers too. xxx

It works if you only put your shop Instagram url without the item code

ww.instagram.com/tranquillitymobiles/

Hopefully the customer can then find the relevant video.

Thank you for your help. I have now found a way to get to the videos.

Incidentally, the clickable link you put in your email worked perfectly! Beautiful ear rings, and who’d have thought they came from an old bowling ball?

Kind regards,

Julia

1 Like

Thank you for trying out the new link, and for your comments. I hope customers will like them as much. I’m intrigued by the birdsong. I must go back and listen with the speakers switched on. I was so engrossed in getting the video done - it was my first one - that I didn’t hear birds outside!