Cats! How do they know?

My cat did this too - just with cheese, nothing else. Even if she was asleep upstairs, she would instantly appear as soon as I opened the fridge to get the cheese out! She was a cheese addict :slightly_smiling:

Buffy can hear the dreamies pack from anywhere in the house, she is the cat on the advert! They can also hear the flea treatment packaging. I have to get it out well in advance of using it and hide it in pockets, then sneak up while they are eating.

In term of the cat baskets I keep them in the utility room, which is effectively their room, so they see them all the time. It definitely makes it easier, then undo the doors the day before. I try to arrive home just before capture time as they both come to greet me then run to the utility room for treats!

They really are clever little devils :cat: So why is it they do a 30 second mile as soon as you get the vacuum cleaner or hair dryer out? I’m sure they must know by now they’re not dangerous. I think it must just be built into all cats along with their love of cheese lol :grin:

And another thing…why is it that water from the tap is so much more interesting than water from their bowl!

1 Like

Mine doesn’t even bother with the tap water, the green scummy water in the pond is so much tastier lol :smile_cat:

1 Like

Mine prefer muddy water in builder’s buckets!

2 Likes

My cat used to love drinking from the bird bath…and from my bath too!

2 Likes

ewwww I haven’t seen her drinking from any of OH’s concrete buckets … yet lol She was licking bubbles of the backs of my legs on Saturday morning when I got out of the bath. I jumped out of my skin as I was contemplating my wardrobe whilst wrapped in a towel and hadn’t seen her coming :grin:

1 Like

Aww, she’s gorgeous! I’ve got 2 rescue black cats, Bertie (tall and skinny) and Rosie (short and round like me!!)

this is them both taking over my bed earlier! I find dreamies are the answer for everything!

They are beautiful :slightly_smiling:

They know it @Reddragondesigns Hehehe!! X

1 Like

Our cats are as thick as “pigs doodoo” so we don’t have that problem, I can never fathom how during the day they can work the cat flap perfectly well but in the middle of the night, they just cant work out they have to push it, instead spend 10 minutes clattering about meowing at it!