Cats! How do they know?

My kitty Maiya has an appointment with the vet this afternoon for her booster shots. She normally spends the day fast asleep on a cushion in the window of my sewing room. Where is she today when I need her to be here? Nowhere to be seen! How do they know when there’s a vet appointment? Looks like I’ll have to go for a walk with some cat treats and hope she’s tempted :expressionless: :smile_cat:

3 Likes

She must have heard you booking it!! :slightly_smiling:

They’re clever, cats…

lol she may well have :slight_smile: I’ll have to sneak off where she can’t hear me for the next one :expressionless: The only problem is, she likes to follow me from room to room to see what I’m up to. I quite often turn around to see her just sitting there silently judging me :grin:

1 Like

Mine was the same, always had to be in the same room with me. Sadly, she’s no longer here, but I still occasionally forget and sometimes I swear I can feel her eyes on me! :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

She’s probably watching you from a sneaky little hiding place. I really think cats are psychic :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Mine knows what day of the week it is!!
We go away every other weekend, and we leave our ‘house’ cat inside for the duration. I leave my dressing gown on the bed for him to sleep on and he is a very happy cat, big 1960’s windows to watch the bunnies playing outside whilst he has the warmth of the radiator raising from below,
BUT he knows that it is Friday and treat day, and goes to the cupboard where we keep them and miaows, he dosnt do that except on Fridays!
Suzzie x

2 Likes

I can set my clock by Maiya usually, she’s not so fussed about breakfasy as long as it comes between 7&8 but if 4 o clock comes (5 in the summer, she doesn’t do BST) and I haven’t given her her supper she gets quite cross and sits on my laptop until I do lol
They could well be psychic, I think she knows we’ve booked her into a cat hotel next month for the first time whilst we go away.There has been more silent judging and less cuddles than usual. I’m worried she’ll hate it as she’s very much an outdoor cat.
I’m sorry to hear about your kitty Christine @ciesse she could well still be with you. I belive my cat KissKiss (I was 7 lol) still lives at the bottom of the stairs at our old house. We used to see a black shadow there all the time and the lady who lives there now says she still see’s her. She died 25 years ago!!!

2 Likes

For course cats are psychic! Mine always know when I’m ill and take to my bed, rather than just tired. When I have a migraine Angel won’t leave my side. If I have period pain Buffy sneaks under the duvet and does hot water bottle duty.

3 Likes

ours always goes out & about when it’s vet time.

cat’s know everything. fact.

-x-

5 Likes

UPDATE - She’s back :slight_smile: just in time. Now all I have to do is get her in the dreaded cat carrier. I have to bribe her with catnip lol
Wish us luck lol :slightly_smiling:
This is her innocent “I was coming back the whole time” face lol

11 Likes

They are SO intuitive!

Awww she’s lovely Donna @RedDragonDesigns

1 Like

Well we’re back, injections are done, the health check says she’s healthy but now weighs 4.1 kg!! That’s twice what she weighed last year and we can all see why …

Lazy but not particularly fussed by being prodded with needles lol
Thank you Karen @karenscraftybitz :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ahhhhh the life of a cat… Bliss :blush:

2 Likes

I know!! it’s where she spends most of her time, under the radiator so it warm and she can see out of the window at the same time :slight_smile: Perfect! … I wish I was a cat lol :cat:

As someone who owned 4 cats at one point, I understand the struggle.

What you could do it keep the cat carrier out at all times in a secluded corner with blankets all over it so that the cat will be accustomed to it being out all the time, so there will be a smaller chance of the cat bolting for it as soon as you take the carrier out of it’s usual storage place.

I say “smaller chance” because sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Good luck for the future. ^^

We have 2 cats. Last year we hit on a brilliant strategy: As I’m a teacher, we had their injections done over the 6 week holiday. We waited for the first day when they were both in at 10:00, rang the vets and were told “bring them in any time today”. We loaded the cats up, drove round straight away. All over and done inside half an hour!

This is why I love our dog, he’s only got to hear the word “vets” and he’s at the door waiting to be kitted up with his lead and harness. He loves the vet so very much and always hangs back when its time to leave the surgery giving the nurses the sad eye while I’m paying.

He knows the routine and walks straight in, stands on the scales and then attempts to jump on the table (he’s getting a bit old now so I have to give him a boost).

My mate has to fight with hers to get her in the car let alone through the vets door lol

1 Like

lol, I have a cat that is perfectly behaved in the cat basket - only to poo on cue every single time as soon as we reach the vets door!
EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!
How do they know???

1 Like

I want to know how my cat knows I’m going to get cheese out of the fridge. I can go to the fridge for anything else and there’s no reaction, but as soon as I open the fridge with the intention of reaching for cheese, she is behind me like a shot, screaming ‘cheese’ over and over (she has a special meow for cheese). She just appears from anywhere in the house. It’s not the smell or the crinkling of the wrapper because she does it before I’ve even fetched the cheese out. It’s amazing - she loves cheese, but how does she know?

3 Likes