Come on Folksy

Shows how good they are at promotion if we didn’t even know about it!

5 Likes

It’s been mentioned by Folksy on the blog when I first joined back in May about how they went to get the t shirts printed http://folksyblog.tumblr.com/page/3

At the risk of sounding flippant and like a broken record, car stickers? People might find Folksy through Google but they also may have their curiosity piqued by seeing the name on a car. I have my Folksy bag we had when we delivered the Folksy gift guides and people ask about it if I take it out and about.

7 Likes

Car stickers sound like a good idea. According to the front page there are over 6000 of us selling here. If Folksy were to produce a sticker and give/sell a number of them to every seller, there could be thousands of adverts driving around the country, reaching millions of potential customers who have never heard of Folksy. Surely it’s worth investigating?

7 Likes

I agree, even if we only make 1 advert each and put it in our car windows that a few thousand adverts that Folksy dont have to pay for.

2 Likes

ahhh well I never see the folksy blog

I also had no idea this existed. Maybe a voucher to pick something with your plus fees?

The photos are the same drear poorly lit efforts they complain to us about. And out of all the thousands of seller, only 149 sales. No posters, bags, pin badges, bumper stickers . . . .

Wrong items, poor photos, no promotion. Hmmm

5 Likes

I agree there is nothing there I would buy to help promote Folksy.

I would be looking for car stickers that would advertise Folksy.

I think I’ll just have to get my friend who did my car club decals to make me some for my own folksy shop. ( when I say my car club I mean the car club I’m a member of )

2 Likes

@sianfolksy @Folksycontent Did anything come out of the discussion re the car stickers or downloadable poster? (Promote Folksy?)

I didn’t realise Folksy had a shop. On the feedback, none since last year. There sales seems as bleak as lots of sellers on here. Marg. x

1 Like

It’s on my list of things to do, Liz. We’ve been working on the designs, so I’m hoping they’ll be ready in the New Year.

10 Likes

Car stickers would be great! We’d love to provide you with more support to promote Folksy. Camilla is on it (she’s got a lot on though - and online content marketing and partnerships are where we have seem the greatest conversion so we’ve focused on that to date).

6 Likes

I’ve been on here for years now and had ever seen this!

That’s great news! :smile:

@Folksycontent Hi, how about a reasonably priced eco shopping bag (under £10) with the colourful Folksy logo on, that would start conversations.

13 Likes

I would definitely buy one of those, I use them all the time!

2 Likes

Yes car stickers and bags do sound like a good idea.

4 Likes

Do we have car sticker makers of bag printers on Folksy that could help?

1 Like

Definitely - you can never have enough shopping bags :slight_smile: And I don’t drive, so it would be a good alternative to a car sticker.

2 Likes

Yes, it would make sense to keep it “in-house”, if the seller could meet demand!