Come on Folksy

Are the car stickers idea going ahead? Any news at all?
I just looked on the folksy collection shop expecting to see some promotion ideas.
It hard trying to promote, make and day job. I would love a sticker. :sob:

2 Likes

Iā€™d put one in my car too.

And this may be an unpopular suggestion, but I wouldnā€™t mind paying more in fees or commission, if that meant I was more visible to the outside world. I love selling to fellow crafters, but we need more people from outside!

1 Like

I used to be on another site and would get the odd sale there, and they used to have twitter nights where they used to encourage us to join in with a # Donā€™t think Folksy does this? do they?

2 Likes

No, but thereā€™s nothing to stop Sellers organising their own promo nights on Twitter or Facebookā€¦
I have a Twitter account, but donā€™t really use it. Maybe I shouldā€¦ Like you, Iā€™m pretty challenged for time.

1 Like

You ar right @LizzieMade not sure how to organise it though, maybe someone can help and we can pull together?? :hash:

1 Like

perhaps on a particular night we could all post 1 item on twitter within a time scale with for example #welovefolksy and then we all make an effort to retweet and/or favourite each other. Im new to twitter so perhaps I have this wrong but I thought I would at least get the discussion going.
Anita

4 Likes

Totally agree @AnitaRoseDesigns we need to judge a good day and start a thread.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan to me, we could always have 2 evenings so hopefully everyone can make at least one of them. What does everyone think of having a group Pinterest board called We Love Folksy. There may already be a Folksy board but I couldnā€™t seem to find it. If anyone is interested I donā€™t mind setting one up ( it looks quite easy even to my non technical brain !!!)

@SamsGemstoneJewellery looks like they have a board as they say follow on Pinterest on FP. But sounds good to do 2 days. Maybe we can get admin to pin a thread for us?

I have seen the Folksy board on Pinterest but I canā€™t see anywhere that we can join so the things that are pinned are put there by the Folksy team.(please someone let me know if I am wrong) If we have our own board, we can pin say a maximum of one item of our choosing each day and if we all like and repin the items posted, then our items will get seen by many more people.

1 Like

@SamsGemstoneJewellery thats a good idea I like it, we could even have theme boards. 1 item a day is a good idea too so we are all on a even keel.
I dont mind trying to get the twitter thing going perhaps starting next week, I see what your saying about 2 nights but I might start with 1 to see how things go. Maybe if its weekly people will get a chance to participate.
What nights do you think are best @Amberlilly althought twitter always looks busy to me!

1 Like

@AnitaRoseDesigns I would suggest Wed or Thurs. My thoughts are, ppl going out, waiting for buses etc, killing time, they go on their social media. The site I was on did Wed. Unfortunately this site has closed, donā€™t know why, it was British too, which I liked.

How about Whats new Wednesday? jusy off the top of my head while having my coffee :smile:

1 Like

Others, but not Folksyā€¦ :disappointed:

@AnitaRoseDesigns is this the Pinterest board name?

There is a group board on pinterest called ā€˜handmade folksyā€™ (I think!). You need to apply to join it then add 5 items & like/repin others on the board already. Itā€™s run by another seller (retro68?) not by folksy. Check it out

1 Like

no s on the end as name too long!!!

I started a thread on here back last year about starting a folksy twitter hour or hastag but didnā€™t get much response.
I think its a great idea as the other side has a hastag and promo bit on twitter.

We need to give it a try @OhButtonMe you think?

Iā€™ve been meaning to start a Folksy hour on Twitter for a while, so Iā€™m happy to set that up.
When I talked to some people on Twitter about it they suggested between 8-9pm when children have gone to bed. Would that work for you all? I need to look into the best days though, so it doesnā€™t clash with others.

There is #handmadehour on Wednesdays from 19:30-21:30, which is worth getting involved with, if you donā€™t already.

This is the link to our Pinterest boards. These are the Folksy ones that we pin to, but if you want to set up your own group, itā€™s pretty easy to do.

Weā€™ve just made some Folksy badges which Iā€™ll put up in the Folksy shop soon, and Iā€™m working on the bumper stickers. We might do a little competition to come up with the best ideasā€¦

11 Likes