Confused by fees

Hi everyone, i am totally confused. I have been looking at the selling fees page and i cannot work out how much i would be paying in seller fees, commission, paypal fees and VAT. If i was selling something at £10 how much would i actually receive after deductions? Can anyone please help? i would love to set up my shop but i think i would actually make a loss if i go by my calculations.

I don’t think any of us would be here if we made a loss on every transaction! :slight_smile:
The only way you can make a loss is to list a load of stuff and never sell anything…

1 Like

Folksy will charge you a listing fee (I think it’s15p) and 6% selling fee when sold which on a £10 item would be 60p so their fee would be 75p plus VAT (so 90p) They do not include p&p in their fee.
Paypal charge 20p per transaction plus 3.4% on the whole transaction amount including P&P so if you charge say £2 postage and packaging then their fee would be about 61p.
So, on that £10 item, assuming that the postage is £2, you would pay a total of £1.51 charges.

When I work out a price for an item, I always allow for this in my pricing of both the item and the p&p.

6 Likes