Desperate for a silversmith or silver caster to help me

Hi
I might be able to help.
If each of the end caps are different sizes each order they would have to be handmade each time. But for your horseshoe motif a master could be made for that, cast and then soldered on. Alternatively you could make end cap masters in 3 or 4 sizes, cast these and use the ‘best fit’ for each order.
I could make make the masters for you or if you want to handmake each one, let me know what sort of quantity and I’d seriously consider it. We’d have to discuss the costs obviously
For your clasps. Have you looked at Rashbel in Hatton Garden? If they supply suitable (lobster) clasps etc. they could be attached to your end caps. They do a wide range of findings - a lot you don’t see anywhere else.
A master could be made of the hook-over clasp or they could be handmade if sizes differ or again masters in 3 or 4 sizes could be made, cast and use the ‘best fit’ for each order. But to handmake a lobster clasp is just not feasible.

Sorry am think I posted it to the wrong message thread first time. Hope you haven’t got it twice
Sarah

Hi Sarah
The end caps are just one size with 5mm inner. I have an endcap to make a mold with I am ok with off the shelf lobster clasps going onto the endcaps. My bracelets are more about the braid that I do than the ends but the ends finish the bracelets beautifully. If a mold of the ends could be made then I think they could be cast (although I am not a silversmith or caster so don’t really know). I did approach a casters in Scotland but they have not responded to me :flushed: If I could get a mold made i think they could be cast. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

you are right, if the end cap you have is suitable ie. the metal thicknesses are adequate then the casters will make a rubber mould for you, they then inject the mould with wax to make multiples that then get set in plaster, the wax is then burned out, and molten metal pumped in.
The casters I use are called Nexgen, they are also in Birmingham. They can do everything by post, they will do small jobs too.

Thanks Deborah I will contact nexgen to see if a mold could be made and they’re the casts, I really appreciate all your help x

Just a quick note, as this topic has been covered on other threads, but don’t use the ends your have from your current supplier for the master copy as they are made to his design and he retains the rights to them. Make sure the master you use is your original design to avoid any legal difficulties.

Sam x