Do you sell for charity

I raise money for charity as an amputee I support Steel bones

2 Likes

I gave up ā€œself employmentā€ last year and now donate to various charities. It depends on the profits I make after I have taken out expenses, but I recently donated to a local womenā€™s aid charity and have plans to donate to the local hospital next.

1 Like

I donate to various greyhound rescue charities, and currently have my 5th rescue greyhound (only one at a time as bungalow is too small for more than one.)

4 Likes

I havenā€™t here yet but something Iā€™m considering now sales have improved. I do sell items on the auction site and donate the funds to Ayr Guinea Pig Rescue so thatā€™s my chosen cause - an amazing place with incredibly well looked after piggies.

3 Likes

We donate 25% of all our Poppy pieces to one of three charities:

The Royal British Legion
Help for Heroes
Blesma (The Limbless Veterans)

Every year, we release one new Poppy style, so there is something new for returning customers- itā€™s their choice where the money goes, they just tell us at the check out.

x

2 Likes

Not at the moment but my sister helps run a toddler stay & play group (which obviously canā€™t operate at the moment) I have ā€˜rentedā€™ a stall at a few of their coffee morning fundraisers (and usually sell quite a lot at them) they also have a box of my greeting cards which they put out on the counter where the tea/coffee are served at their meetings and they get to keep a percentage of sales. I also sometimes donate raffle prizes for other local fundraisers in our village.

2 Likes

I support a cat charity in Wales and buy a meal for a cat each time I sell something. At the end of the year I have bought quite a few meals.

2 Likes

I donā€™t sell for charity but (Pre-Covid and when we get back to normal) I belong to a local crochet/knitting group and we make lots of things for charity including blankets that go for palliative care.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been selling ceramics for my local foodbank via a Facebook page. I keep some things back for charity sales and keep them separate - they are not seconds, just different to what I want to put in my shop.
It worked OK to start with and I raised Ā£275 in a few months, but really FB doesnā€™t work very well for this and I canā€™t reach many new people, so Iā€™d be interested to hear any other suggestions people have.

2 Likes

Hello,
I support a North West Fox rescue ā€¦Each month I submit 4 or 5 of my brooches into the monthly auction and generally raise about Ā£30 every monthā€¦itā€™s what got me into crafting and I only opened my store after being persuaded by friends to try and make a little bit for myself tooā€¦
Jane ā€¦AKA The Denim Dolly.

2 Likes

I occasionally send items to facebook auctions organised by charities. It helps generate money for them and Iā€™m happy to contribute.

2 Likes