Do you wonder about the person behind the shop name?

I know it can be hit or miss with people, me being one of the ones very relunctant to post a picture of myself!! but seeing all you regulars posting here sometimes you build up a kind of picture of how people look - or maybe it’s just me , nothing negative, just kind of certain characteristics you pick up from comments and pictures.
I must add Im not that concerned with how a maker looks, but sometimes if you like a particular item or comment - you feel like you’d like to see the face behind the product! not that im suggesting anyone post pics, (though feel free if you want!!!) , some of you already have photo as your avatar - im not brave enough to do that! :blush:

3 Likes

We know what you mean, curious as whether the image in your head is anywhere near to reality of the person you think you know. Our Avatar gives everyone an idea of what we look like - although our heads aren’t that huge compared to our bodies :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m really a little black bunny like in my avatar - honest :smiley:

8 Likes

I havnt added an avatar, way too shy in the past to add a photo of me, but guess it would be nice to see pics of the maker, so I may give it a go and add a real pic, instead of a glam model type from the 30’s(it could be me, honest)

1 Like

yes, you put it into words better than me!

in my head you are the bunny lady! :smiley: though im pretty certain you look nothing like one :o)

2 Likes

I quite often imagine what the person is like and mostly get it wrong :smiley: think most of us will but it is fun trying.
I hate having my photo taken, I’m not one of those who are naturally photogenic, bit of a minger :smiley: but i have put a photo of me on so that when people talk/message comment whatever to me they can imagine i’m listening lol.

4 Likes

Look at me, Im a person and not a capital G :o)

2 Likes

Waves at Grimm :slight_smile:

Waving back.

1 Like

Well, I’m definitely older than the little girl in my avatar! Really! :smile:

Sometimes I wonder too. But in terms of personality, I think I can get a some tiny idea from how people write (in the Forum or listing descriptions), their photos (avatar / products). As for looks, I don’t try to guess as I’ll be totally wrong!

1 Like

yes I suppose it’s kind of easier to build up an idea of people’s personalities, much harder to place a face with it, but I tend to have certain kind of abstract images in my head of certain sellers :smile: anyway hello Grimm, and Silverspiral :wave: by the way you look perfectly fine :o) and normal :smiley: lot’s of people aren’t photogenic, im one of them !!

2 Likes

Waves to @WashedandFound, thank you I don’t think i’ve ever been called “normal” :smiley:
Like your avitar, you are such a bonny lady, are you cold stood there on that beach as you are looking a little blue :wink: :smiley:

hee hee! yes it does get a little windswept here in my beach hut, but I quite like it :wink:

2 Likes

Hi folks
I havent used a pic of myself because I look like my mum; and although I love her very much ; I dont really want to look like her. Its my new glasses and my double chin. I think it would frighten you all… lol :wink: I may become a bit brave sometime and take the plunge, so brace your self…lol :blush:

1 Like

Wow, Brenda you certainly don’t look your age at all! :smile:

Brenda what a lovely picture!

This is me

It’s not a terrible photo I suppose but I do prefer to have my poppies as my avatar.

12 Likes

Great to see you Stephie…love the hair !!

1 Like

Hi Brenda and Stephanie! nice photos :smile: and yes Brenda I would never have thought you were 67!!!

1 Like

Love the photos @teabreaks you look fab for your age, wouldn’t think you were anywhere near 67 and @StephanieGuy awesome hair, wish i was brave enough to have a flash of pink, my bravest is plum :slight_smile: