Do you wonder about the person behind the shop name?

Go for it! I lighten mine using superdrug’s own brand lightener, and then every 2 weeks I put Directions Rose red colour on the lightened bits. It’s really easy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow Brenda you look great and very nice to see you :smiley:
Ok I will take the plunge very soon; just got to wait untill my husband gets home and hand him my camera ; Oh yes and dig up my make-up bag…dont think that Im that brave…lol :blush:
I must say that its very nice to see you all… it makes it more; well like a closer community.
see you all soon then. gulp! :wink:

1 Like

Hi Stephanie
Love your hair…I coloured mine a deep rich purple not so long ago and I loved it, but these days its mostly grey :smile:

1 Like

I only started dying mine when it began to go patchy grey. I haven’t covered the grey, just added some colourful patches too :smiley:

1 Like

Your certainly don’t look your age Brenda, it’s a lovely photo, and Stephanie it’s nice to meet you.
Here’s me and hubby on my 60th birthday, 3 years ago.

Lynn x

7 Likes

Fab pic Lynn…lovely to meet you all…

Hi Lynn, looking very nice on your 60th birthday. I feel a bit lame now for not coming up with the goods…hmmmm I’ll have to think about it :question:

Brenda, you look awesome!

I look just like my avatar, but my hair is a lighter colour now. :smile:

Stephie you look awesome too! :smile:

1 Like

Hi all, it’s wonderful to put faces to some of the names :smile: I’m going through all my pics to try and find one of me that only has one chin lol I gave up smoking 3 years ago and am still not happy with all the extra weight :frowning:

This is me pretending to be healthy up a mountain lol

Donna x

8 Likes

Hi Donna, great pic! well done for giving up the C sticks, love my soap by the way :wink:

nice to see you Donna

Great photos ladies, lovely to meet you all. I’ll see if I can find a recent (and not too scary) photo of myself to add. I don’t have that many as I’m usually the one holding the camera. In the meantime here is a side profile of me at my bench that hubby took for the ‘about me’ page on my website.

8 Likes

Hi Everyone :wave:
Thank you @WashedandFound I’m so glad you like them. I’ve been making and selling soap now for nearly 2 years and I still worry that every customer is going to be disappointed lol I love your sea glass jewelry and will be popping to your shop for christmas presents :smile: I was showing hubby your shop last night and we read your about me page and were just wondering what is mud larking? lol
Donna x

Great to meet you Donna @ShropshireNaturalProducts and Angela @ARCJewellery - always nice to see the faces behind the gorgeous goodies.
Lynn x

Hi Donna,

Mudlarkers used to be the poorest of the poor back in the old days (1800s ?1900s?) that used to collect any type of rubbish from the thames foreshore to sell on to make some money (desperate times !) obviously im not in that position :smile: now but the name has kind of stuck for people who ‘beachcomb’ collect broken pottery,clay pipes, coins etc form the foreshore when the tide goes out , some people get really lucky and find valuable coins and stuff - I’ve not yet found any, (you need a liscence to actually dig) but it’s pretty interesting what you can find on the surface, I found some old muskett balls last time im such a geekster :smile: unfortuantely we got caught out and had to wade back in shin deep water. won’t be doing that again!!

Suzanne :o)

2 Likes

Hi Angela :smile: that would be a great photo for meet the maker if they had a place to upload a photo .

ooh I just a spied a nice set of metal punches :smile:

1 Like

Mudlarkers…that’s really interesting. I wonder if there’s a special name for those (like myself) that collect finds from the fens; Fencombers I guess :smile:
Many people have found coins, arrow heads and jewellery in these parts (from Olli Cromwell’s day)…I’ve only found pieces of pottery, clay pipes, and unidentifiable metal bits. Mind you I don’t take it seriously with a metal detector or anything like that, just something I do when I walk the dogs across recently ploughed fields.

What’s your most treasured find Suzanne?

Thank you :smile: