Does anyone else promote on craftori?

That’s good Donna shows it’s working for you, hope it brings in the sales for you too, I shall pop that on my to do list for over the week :slight_smile: xx

That’s strange today I finally figured out how to work twitter (I know I’m a bit behind!) and Craftori was my first tweet who then retweeted me. So I think I’ll be retweeting more often. Thanks :smile:

I added 2 items last night and for some reason 1 has disappeared. I’ve contacted the owner of Craftori to find out why.

Pauline

Thanks for reminding me about craftori! I have used it for our Etsy shop before but didn’t realise I could use it for Folksy too as I somehow had got it into my head that it was only for Etsy. I’ll try it our for a little promotion of our Folksy shop!

1 Like

We’re not Etsy specific. Many sellers from all kinds of venues upload their listings. It’s also great for driving traffic to your own personal websites if you have one. :slight_smile:

@peonyandthistle I don’t think there’s many folksy sellers on there, I found it myself through the etsy team but am using to drive traffic here and to my tictail site as my etsy shop and ebay shop seem to look after themselves :smile:

I’m gonna give it a month or so with my Folksy shop then may consider changing it over to my personal website as I could do with that getting some views etc.

Really not sure what to make of them.

They say no ‘religious’ items only ‘spiritual’ items what does that mean I’m very confused.

Does that mean you can’t post Christmas or Easter cards or Dwali cards, or Bible/Koran/Torah, or the Sikh Guru Granth Sahib book covers for example only that would appear to be Regilous discrimination and therefore illegal within the EU.

Neither do I understand the ‘Seasonal’ related items as it’s clearly not viewed just in one part of the world so winter here can be summer elsewhere in the world. So does that mean if it’s winter here and we are selling summery items as we might sell Worldwide they’d be taken down?

@Craftori Eileen has a good question, can you post christmas or easter things? Do these count as seasonal and religious?

Donna x

Religious symbols are not permitted. Christmas and Easter gifts are. Seasonal items are things like Christmas or Easter related items, like Christmas tree ornaments or Easter eggs. To stop the site being flooded and your items being buried, we ask that you only post these items in the correct season, ie no Christmas related items in the middle of summer. Holiday seasons are the same throughout the world.

Thank you for clearing that up :smile:

So Easter eggs are ok but an Easter card with a cross on it would be seen as a religious symbol so a banned item? A Christmas Card with a Christmas Tree would be fine but a Christmas Card depicting saying the Mary Joseph and Jesus would not be acceptable?

Or a card with a Jewish Star and 7 candle’s for a childs Bar Mitzvah would be seen as religious symbol and be a banned item.

Sorry but I don’t support sites that exclude people due to their ‘Religion’ I believe in religious freedom no matter what that person’s religion or lack of might be. It also make bad business sense to exclude such a huge buyer base.

We do not ‘exclude’ people, that’s the whole point. We do not want to be seen to be supporting any particular faction due to the number of those submissions as this could result in other factions feeling outnumbered and excluded. It could appear that we were leaning towards a specific religion and this is why we exclude religious symbols so that everyone from any walk of life feels welcome on our site.

We are not a ‘business’, we are a showcasing site offering predominantly a free service. We are non-profit and any revenue we make only just pays for our hosting costs. Not only that but we have to have strict rules in place and exclude many different types of items as otherwise sellers would simply be buried again just as they are on their selling venues. By being more exclusive, we can drive more traffic to sellers’ stores so it actually makes complete ‘business’ sense.

I’ve voted for quite a few of your items on Craftori Donna @ShropshireNaturalProducts

I started using them for my Dark Side shop about a month ago and have had a marked increase in views but no sales as yet.

I think the Craftori site will work just as well for Folksy but they do emphasize to only post your very best pictures and not to overload it will all your stock.
They are much stricter than Craftjuice but I think that they promote a lot more.

I think it would be useful if we run a Craftori.com thread similar to the way we run the Craftjuice thread.
Post links to each other’s Folksy items on the site and vote for each other.

Here is the link to my Craftori post on Folksy, you vote by clicking on the “add” which appears next to the little red heart in the bottom left hand corner.

http://craftori.com/items/vintage-kimono-book-cover-red-hibiscus/

Shirley x

Thank you Shirley, I’ve just been and voted for your items, I’ll start a new thread and maybe some more sellers will join us promoting there

Donna x

Hi Shirley,
I have just voted for your item, its lovely xx.

http://craftori.com/items/pink-dress-girly-birthday-card/
This is the link to my Craftori post on Folksy xx.

Thanks for the vote Esterina @Craftaholic.

I am afraid that your craftori link does not work.
I think craftori may have deleted it. This might be because the picture is a little dark.

There is a new thread running now specifically for showing your craftori links

Shirley x

I have registered and will be joining in soon.
Pauline.

1 Like

I have also registered and have added a few things. However, I am finding the site very slow…does anyone else find the same? I’m trying different browsers. That would be frustrating if buyers are looking…I don’t know if I should continue adding items…