Does anyone read Cross Stitch Collection magazine?

I am very to happy this week to have had interest from Cross Stitch Collection to feature one of my items in the magazine (Yay!). I can’t find it in my local newsagents (need to look further afield) so I thought I might ask brill Folksy peeps to try to get an idea of their “readership demographic”. I think I should probably get some more work into my shop, in anticipation of some extra traffic. Hopefully!

I used to buy Creative stitches which was bimonthly and was cross stitch, tapestry, crewel embroidery, patchwork but they stop publication 2 years ago.

The only complete cross stitch magazine I ever buy is New Stitches all the others are full of stuff I’ve never been interested in. I think most have got worse over the years with all that ‘cute’ stuff.

I used to buy a lovely a great cross stitch mag from The Netherlands but you can’t get it here any more.

I too used to buy Cross Stitch Collection and a couple of the others when I was into Cross Stitch but not any more, got bored with it.
In fact I put a couple of the old Magazines including the kits that came with up on Facebook for sale.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.803565216364654.1073741857.204757306245451&type=3

Pauline it cost more than £1.00 to post one of those mags as I’ve sold a few on ebay.

Thanks guys for the comments! Looking at the Cross Stitch Collection website - it has had a bit of a change of look since the ones you posted Pauline - http://www.crossstitchcollection.com/ but perhaps the content is still similar, as it’s difficult to get a good idea from what is online. I shall pop off to the shops later to see if I can pick up a copy.

Blimey it has hasn’t it.

I just want to get rid of them, I have lots more (32 or so) but not taken photo’s of them yet. Surely it’ll go as a large letter price with Royal Mail.

its the weight of them in the large letter section :frowning:
I have a wall of 3 foot length shelves filled with cross stitching magazines. I have sold quite a few of the ones I have duplicates of via ebay. ( I get given them all the time) Some of them weight more than others.

Do you have the Royal mail new costing page with the size and weight and a good pair of scales?

1 Like

I do have some fairly good scales I’ll check it out after lunch. Thanks