Don't know how to join in with Folksy Friday

Derrick of @DArtWorld was kind enough to include me in his Folksy Friday board this week, which was great but for the fact that as a newcomer to Folksy I realised I’ve no clue how to make a board myself to join in.

Guidance or a pointer to the documentation would be very welcome please.

PS. Many thanks Derrick for making me aware of yet another thing I know nothing about :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Hi Richard, there’s a useful article in the Folksy blog about how to take part in Folksy Friday. I’ll pop the link here for you so that you can have a look.

6 Likes

That’s really helpful Helen, thank you. Once I’ve ploughed through all the other things I don’t know how to do I’m right on the case! :confused:

1 Like

Thanks Helen. I’ve finally learnt where the Canva grids are!

1 Like

Thank you for this Helen. I’ve been with Folksy for a couple of months now…I had no idea how to do this either. Very helpful. :grinning:

1 Like

I join in on a Friday by doing a themed grid, and have learned such a lot by doing so, but I think the important thing is just to do something, anything, on a Friday to promote Folksy. This could be a collage of just a few items at first (because they are time consuming when you start!), or perhaps sharing a shop which has caught your eye, or even just looking up other #folksyfriday posts and do some liking or commenting. Anything to support each other and raise awareness of our lovely website, if every seller joined in I think it would be awesome.

4 Likes

I would definitely recommend doing a smaller grid for your first attempt as my first one which was 9 photos did take me hours but you get faster with practice and get to know how to add the tags and shop names. Another top tip someone shared was to use one of the themes of the day as your theme as they are there for you rather than having to search for items. I’ve been joining in for just over a month now and it’s a great way to connect with Folksy sellers and see great items.

4 Likes

Could you use pic collage instead of canva or befunky for Pinterest as I am more familiar with that?

1 Like

Yes I think I used that one or something like that - anything with a grid will do.

1 Like

Still finding my way round the forums but would love to get involved with Folksy Fridays once I figure out how to make the collage! One thing I can’t work out, is how do i get to the persons shop by clicking on their names in the mentions? I’ve seen some gorgeous items but when I click on their names it just takes me to their forum page, not their shop page? I’m not very good at this yet so apologies if I’m missing something extremely simple! :grimacing:

Hi Stephanie, I’m not quite sure what you mean, but thought I’d bump this up in case someone else can help!

I always tell people that it doesn’t matter what you do for Folksy Friday, just try to do something! (Actually, I’ve just seen that I already said it on this thread :laughing:) If you haven’t worked out how to do a collage yet, you can always comment, like and share on others, whatever you can manage. I found the collages took a long time at first, but can do them very quickly now.

You have a very nice shop, it looks so modern, I hope you do very well here xxx

1 Like

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!

I probably didn’t explain it very well, it’s just that I’ve seen some lovely items on the collages but when I click on the names it only takes me to their forum page, not their shop page. I think I figured it out though, if I copy and past the username in the search it does find it, but I’m probably making it harder work than it should be!