Folksy Ltd

Exciting Times

Since being retired early due to ill-health from the NHS, not only have I been crafting, but I have been making a succession of prototype foot cushions to alleviate my pressure ulcers.
I have now successfully got my design registered on the Intellectual Property register.
What is next step. My logo is in the making and today while speaking to a former boss, her friend (who is also a matron at our local hospital) got really excited and wants to buy some to trial on the Geriatric Ward. I am so excited.
If successful, and it worked for me, I will need to find a way to make many. Oh heck. Any ideas what to do if I get to that stage?

12 Likes

Hi Adrienne

That’s great news about your foot cushions. Well done. :blush:
Wishing you all the best

Karen

1 Like

Wow that’s amazing, Adrienne! It seems like something positive may be coming from the results of your ill health. Sounds like very exciting times! Good luck I hope it all goes well.
Di :slight_smile:

1 Like

best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Adrienne - great to hear your good news. I am a chiropodist and although I am giving up work in a few weeks time I know of others who may be interested in trying out your foot cushions - pressure ulcers are a real problem in our business. If you want to PM me feel free :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Roz I will keep that in mind :slight_smile:

This is fantastic news! Good luck with whatever the future holds x

1 Like

Congrats on the first part - it always good to hear of happy things happening because of seemingly bad ones.
On to the second bit (get your crystal ball ready) - how many is many? Do you plan to just supply the local geriatric ward and advertise them here or do you plan to take it further (every geriatric ward in the country!?!) Would the requirement be in sporadic large orders or smaller regular ones? How many can you practically make (and store) yourself or do you need to outsource some or all of the production. I’m going to assume a foam/ padded bit and a cover - you would need to talk to some of the foam companies that you can find on the internet (eg picked at random after googling foam cushion insert http://www.directfoam.com/) - can they make what you need, do they have a minimum number that they are prepared to make, how much would it cost (do they offer quantity based price breaks) and how long would it take. For the cover bit - how many can you run up on a sewing machine yourself or do you need to find a company who can do it for you? Would a hospital have requirements regarding fire retardants and possible wipe clean coverings that you didn’t need on your prototype - if yes can you or the outsourced company meet these requirements?
Lots of questions there and no answers - my other half works in outsourcing procurement so I’ve just translated bits of his process into things that might apply to your product.
Keep up the bright ideas and good luck with it all.
Sasha

2 Likes

well done!

1 Like

Wow Sasha thanks for that. You have definitely given me something to think about. No it isn’t foam and the fabric is washable, but will be single use only. My gut feeling is it could go somewhere. I worked on orthopaedics and know there isn’t a product used that is like it. Adrienne

Wow, how exciting for your, really hope it goes well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck, you seem to have found a niche, hope it works out well.
Jayne

1 Like

That’s fantastic news, well done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done on coming up with such a good idea. I hope it all takes off for you.

1 Like

That is exciting! Well done you, I hope it all works out for you :grin:

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind words. Watch this space. :slight_smile:

Waw, really great news. It’s so nice when people ambitions really come together. Keep on working hard, I’m sure you’ll think of a solution to your problem. You’ve made it this far already :smiley:

Well done, I am pleased to hear of your success!!

1 Like