Folksy Ltd

Launch Day

Today is a very exciting day as this is the launch of a long term project of mine.
After a spell of illness where I found I could only sleep on my back which resulted in the beginnings of a painful pressure ulcer.

Having worked within the Orthopaedic environment I was aware of various techniques to reduce pressure, but somehow these didn’t seem to work for me then one night I had a Eureka moment and decided to make
various prototypes until I came up with what I wanted.
After further research I submitted my design to the Intellectual Property Office and in March 2016 I was granted a Certificate of Design for my Foot Cushion.
I use mine daily - it does not cure pressure ulcers, but alleviates the pressure allowing me a good nights sleep.

9 Likes

That’s great news! Have you got a manufacturer and outlet sorted?

Hi Stephanie home manufacture and selling on Folksy at the moment, but I have one of the matrons at our local hospital in the process of using them. This could be a real boost. Going to speak to local paper and local BBC Radio. I’m going to see the local business hub for advice. It’s all new to me.

1 Like

That is excellent, well done! Good luck with the paper and radio too, hope it all goes well for you :slight_smile:

Emma

1 Like

Great news. Good luck with it all.

1 Like

Well done - it must be a great feeling to know something you have designed can help others alleviate a bit of pain too! :slight_smile:

Thank you Emma :slight_smile:

Thank you Helen :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Heidi there is definitely a feel good factor :grinning:

1 Like

Well done, hope everything goes well for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like