Exhibition must/must nots

I am very excited to have been asked to exhibit my mathematical art at the pop up science centre in Cheltenham during the half term holiday. This is all very exciting, but also very scary. I’m in the thick of planning what pictures to take, how many of each, how to display etc etc. I’m sure I’m going to forget something and keep having waves of panic.

Is there any advice that the more experienced crafters/artists have?
Is there any musts or must not advice you could give? not just for me, but for others encountering the same first exhibition nerves.

1 Like

No advice, I’m afraid, as I have never been in that wonderful position!
Well done you - have a great time, hope all goes well.

1 Like

A few things to remember have you done your research on those who are holding the event. Are they reputable?

Will you be there with them or just dropping your items and leaving them in the care of 'other’s?

Who is responsible for brackage, damage or stolen items?

Will your items stay there over night?

Is this a selling or just educational display?

If it’s selling when and how do you get paid what percentage goes to the ‘pop up’

What does your contract say on all these things

Have you been given a contract or discussed and written up a contract?

1 Like

Thank you Helen @HelenCliffordArt. Hope one day you do get the opportunity.

Eileen @EileensCraftStudio Thank you for the advice, luckily I know the reputation of the Cheltenham Science Group is reputable, but you have given me a few things to consider. I guess with it being right in the centre of a shopping centre there will be no shop to be locked up so the over night bit is something I need to give serious thought too (not something I thought about).