February Snowdrops Daily Listing Challenge Thread - February 2017

Just popping in to report another sale Max @paperchainsandbeads. Can you please add it to the tally for me. that gives me a total of 7 for this month.

Many thanks,

Jeanie x

2 Likes

Sorry this has happened to you Sue. I started out on eBay selling yarn and patterns and just used standard post. Luckily I never encountered any problems but in their forums I read so many stories of buyers claiming their items hadn’t arrived (ok, I know a few do get lost) that I now send everything signed for no matter what the item cost. This doesn’t seem to have out buyers off and if you wanted to you could always increase the item price a little rather than the post costs.

On the other side I get mainly overseas sells for my higher priced items and sometimes the signed for post to cover the item price is near £20 but it doesn’t seem to put the buyers off.

3 Likes

Afternoon

Well Doris has moved on but left a grey, damp day. We didnt have any damage but house opposiste had 3 ridge tiles off. Loads of branches and debris everywhere and the windows are yukky!!! A lot of work to do now but will wait till weather improves, good excuse !!! We got off light but hope everyone survived ok

Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery - thats terrible, £18 is £18, after all. A lesson for us all there, but what a shame we have to do the extra bit

Max @paperchainsandbeads, please add 4 sales to my tally, I am really chuffed as it has taken me to 500 sales YIPPEE!!!

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Looking at fencing this morning, ours is all rotten at the bottom where it touches the soil so going for concrete posts and base. This afternoon been decorating the living room, half done so far

So busy busy, will conk out after dinner methinks

Here is a new listing from me

Carol xx

5 Likes

and

Carol xx

2 Likes

New listing today

1 Like

Crikey @SueTrevor That’s terrible! I’ve had a few bad postal experiences and post everything recorded. I then have the tracking numbers that buyers seem to like, even though they don’t provide much in the way of tracking. I post international tracked and signed too, and even though it seems a lot for postage, the buyers on the dark side still buy it. I really hope your proof of post pops up and you can give them what for!

1 Like

I would be very tempted to email them and ask for an explanation!
In your situation it would be worth getting proof of posting, because you are covered for loss up to £20 on a first class stamp - perhaps limit posting to 3 times a week unless you are passing the door.
I get proof on everything even though my jewellery isn’t covered - it has helped me know exactly which day things have been posted when people get antsy that things haven’t arrived yet.

I also factor a small amount into my pricing for the occasional loss - a type of self insurance- as I think sending everything by special delivery would harm my sales.
Fingers crossed that in about 2000 online sales I have only had about 3 not arrive.

2 Likes

Afternoon all, yay happy dancing for sales Jeanie and me too and extra dancing for Carol on your milestone whooo! :slight_smile:

Oh Sue you are having a run of it! just a thought perhaps the customer was a guest buyer without a paypal account so may not have contact details. I had a small loss a few weeks ago just a few pounds but it does gall, I have trouble getting to the post office as I work full time and the post office is a good 20 minute walk from the office so I only go when I want to send Recorded or Special Delivery, like Deborah I do account for average small loss every year as in the past I have lost items from a shop when it closed and a few light fingers losses at fairs :frowning:

3 Likes

Can I add one to the tally please Max @paperchainsandbeads

Congrats on the mega milestone Carol @cariadcrafts11

2 Likes

Well done Carol on reaching your milestone. I have three more sales to go to reach 200 so I’ve got my fingers crossed.

Jeanie x

3 Likes

faved to here x

Sorry to hear of your customer troubles Sue @SueTrevor.
It’s so unfortunate when issues occur clustered together, as they invariably do.

Congratulations on the milestone Carol @cariadcrafts11.
Hope you reach yours soon Jeanie @thecardjeanie

A bit of a rubbish craft fair for me today. We had a return of bad weather today - winds and rain, that probably didn’t help.

A sale to add please Max @paperchainsandbeads. It came from posting my earrings in the Folksy shop Facebook group, so extra thanks to you :slight_smile:

Just a re-list today, from my Sale section

5 Likes

Evening all my shop is on holiday as we are staying with family for a few days so won’t be sharing anything but will still pop in and love your things.
Guess what Maxine @paperchainsandbeads I have pulled my lower back today lifting my baby granddaughter out of her cot.
Know exactly what you mean Roz @OrchardFelts I am totally disheartened but don’t really know why, I have so many partly made things that I have abandoned and am just not motivated to finish. On a positive note am enjoying my family time don’t get to see them enough.
Gill

3 Likes

Good morning Snowdrops, yay happy dancing for sales Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery and Sue @BeadstormJewellery , that’s fab Sue, yay for FB Group :).

Ouch Gill @rainbowsnmore I feel your pain, mine is micg better today just a bit twingy, hubby brought home some extra strong ibruprofen yesterday and seems to have done the trick, I slept much better last night too :slight_smile:

matching items today use code SET10 at checkout if bought together to save 10%

4 Likes

New Thread for next mnth is up! Anyone Interested in the March Daily Listing Challenge?

3 Likes

Good morning snowdrops.

Had a lovely day out yesterday even though the weather was somewhat grey and damp. Today I am going to make a start on having a major declutter - I’ve only been here 6 months and already getting overtaken by junk! Part of the trouble is the only real storage space I have is full of boxes of the girls things so I am going to try and sort through that and move some of it to the loft.

Hope those with poorly backs recover soon. Think it is my achilles that is troubling me - not snapped thankfully but inflamed - so looks like it will be a long recovery although I am starting to see a bit of an improvement.

Heres my listing for today

Happy Sunday

3 Likes

Good morning Snowdrops

2 Likes

Good morning all,

At last I have been able to photograph my new designs. I’ll kick off with this cheerful springlike card…

Jeanie x

2 Likes

Morning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Morning :slight_smile:
My mysterious cold has mysteriously vanished… I think it’s my tree pollen allergies, but sometimes, it’s hard to know which is which as they’re similar in symptoms :thumbsdown:
No sales, nothing, not a sausage - I stick with Folksy hoping a new audience would look, as in, a British audience caring for handmade, original work - but I’m sadly mistaken it seems!
More paintings next week - so this is the end of my photo jewellery (for now), a red tulip necklace made using one of my own original photographs:

3 Likes