Feeling a little disillusioned, shop views going down

It’s the thrill of the chase, Brenda! I often bid for antique buttons on E***. I put down a reserve when I make my bid and stick to it, but many people do not. I’ve had instances where I’ve bid up an item and thought, “That’s it, I’ve got it because nobody in their right minds would want to pay more than that,” only to find the original bidder has outbid me and then put another £10 reserve on half an hour later. Some people just can’t stand to lose :smirk:

Sam x

4 Likes

Do you start at a very low price, Brenda? I never dare to do that in case I only get one bid and the thing goes for next to nothing :slight_smile:

Still only getting about 6 views per day despite adding new items at least once a week. I promote on facebook, twitter and pinterest but still hardly any views. I did have a few sales in March so I suppose shouldn’t complain - just don’t know what’s happening with Folksy it seems so quiet.

2 Likes

March was good for me on here, my number of sales didn’t increase, but average value did. But I did have a package through the thoroughly lovely @dottiedesigns from British Crafters. I was so impressed I’ve already booked again :slight_smile: My views were also up last month as I was lucky enough to have a few items in the Mother’s Day guide too.

4 Likes

Hi Sarah Thanks for this info. I have a couple of questions if you can answer them for me please:

• what did British Crafters do for you?
  • How do I find out about them?
  • what was the cost ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi there, of course I’ll try my best!

I went for the ‘Button Up’ option which is £19.50 and includes:
6 Facebook showcases with link to your shop and page with image.
1 Stumble submission
6 Images uploaded to British Crafters Pinterest Boards
6 Instagram shoutouts with images and links to your Ig account.
60 Tweets to your shop/page including 10 with picture images and 10 including your Twitter name.

I have had increased revenue on both platforms, but it’s not just that, it’s given me a real confidence boost and meant I didn’t feel as stressed about promoting for that month, and I’ve had chance to focus on the extra commissions that have come in.

It’s also made me revamp my twitter account and unlink it from my facebook page, and start tweeting relevant things with decent pictures rather that links to facebook.

Hope that helps!

5 Likes

Thank you @SarahDesignsUK :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Sarah that has helped a lot. I am relatively new here, shop opened towards the end of Jan. I promote on fb, twitter and pinterest and get somewhere between 30 and 50 views a day. That includes taking part in the networking posts on Folksy. I haven’t had any sales yet and am a bit concerned as there seem to be lots of established shops saying views and sales are down.

I will investigate British Crafters further and see how they can help me.

Thanks again for your help.

Pauline. xx

3 Likes

on the auction site it was £2.99…on here £3…work that one out…lol

2 Likes

I had my best March Ever
.thanks to British Crafters promotion package…
Thank You @dottiedesigns from me too :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Joy :slight_smile: It was a pleasure and very exciting to see your tally shooting up all month!

1 Like