Feeling a little disillusioned, shop views going down

It seems odd that many of us are experiencing such low views and it appears to be getting worse. Views in my Folksy shop yesterday was 8 and 73 for the whole last 7 days, we just don’t seem to be getting found, so no views, no sales.

2 Likes

Dawn

I just clicked your Facebook link. It doesn’t work. Did you know ?

I’ve just liked 3 of your lovely things so hopefully one or other will put in a brief front page appearance. xx

1 Like

Thanks Joy, I’ll investigate that, and thank you for the favourites.

1 Like

Managed to fix it Joy, hadn’t typed in the whole address. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi, probably a dozy question… I really want to know details of how many times individual listings are viewed etc not just shop views. Am I missing something basic and just not looking at the right link somewhere? I’m sure this info must be available to sellers but can’t find it. That other site beginning with E has that facility and it’s very useful - you can tweak your description/tag words and see if that helps views.

Does anyone know? Thanks

I agree with stomp chomp Andy about "dare I say it " ETSY having far more views and higher sales,although at the moment its very quiet on both sites :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you use Facebook for promotion and your facebook page points to your Etsy shop but not your Folksy shop then I think it is a given that you will get more visitors on Etsy than on here.
It is though, I know, tricky with Facebook to persuade it to give equal weight to both sides.

The ‘shop views’ option on your dashboard does actually tell you how many people viewed individual listings, not your shop front page. It then lists the 10 most popular items and how many views they had in the last 7 days…

Ah yes, you’re right thank you. Is there any way of adjusting the period it covers? ie change from 7 days to Yesterday for example?

I don’t think so…not that I’m aware of anyway.

Can someone let me know what is consider good view, my views each day range from 24/ 100, mostly around 35/45. I’m sure its online folksy shops visiting my shop and not Google and search engines that are giving me view

if anyone can give me some advice on gtting seen !! I’d be greatfull, I’m joining in on some of the promoting here n etsy, liking, hearts visiting other shops addng their items to my pin boards, twit fb
I can take constructive positive input and Im humble enough someone letting me know where I’m going wrong.

Fire away :laughing::grin:

Sue

Hi Sue. I think that’s good! I’m lucky to get 3 to 5 usually less. keep up the good work! You have nice things.

It doesn’t seem bad to me, Sue! My views are usually fewer than that. Since I’ve been suffering from promotion fatigue and not spending so much time on the forums, they’ve gone down. I think most of my views are other Folksy sellers! I occasionally have a sale to one of my fellow sellers, but would really like to get more views from outside…
So if anyone has the magic formula, please let me know too :slight_smile:

I don’t think you should get too worried about the number of views, it’s the type of views you need to focus on. I sell mosaic for the garden, I’m hardly going to get views in the hundreds everyday because it’s just not the type of product that that many people would search for daily. What I want is all my views to have come into my shop from my promotion, so they will be people that are interested enough in what they’ve seen to click through to my shop and possibly make a purchase when they see the full details and photos. If that’s four or five separate customer views a day and one or two of them convert to sales, that’s fine with me. So the focus is on promoting in the right places to find your target customer :slight_smile:

Jo

8 Likes

I agree. I think my views correlate with when I talkFolksy. Not real buyers at all.

I agree with you. My views are usually nearly all the lovely Folksy people on here despite all the social media I use to promote myself.
In my opinion there has to be more awareness of Folksy as no one I have spoken to have heard of it unfortunately. I know the company has a limited budget to get the name out there but sometimes it might be a case of investing money to make money and raise awareness of the wonderful things that are on here x. Just my opinion, I’m sure some will disagree :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

I agree Jo - it does seem a little short sighted to not promote the platform, even on a limited budget. You do sometimes have to spend to earn :smiley:

1 Like

what really baffles me is that I have listed 2 of my paintings on folksy 4 times at £3 each…then on the other side at a similar price…no sales…sooo…I put them on the auction site and both sold for £22 each…!!!..Yet with each sale I enclose a business card and flyer with details of my Folksy shop and they choose to pay way over the odds on the auction site>…how odd is that?

6 Likes

I’ve been her nearly 8 years and, believe me, there have been a lot of discussions about Folksy and what they do to publicise the site. This is one of the more recent ones…

Brenda @GweddusArt, that’s amazing! I sometimes think I should try putting up my prices :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I used to collect pigs and every gift I got was a pig!! lol

I suddenly went off collecting pigs …but I still love them oh and sheep too! :smiley: xx

2 Likes