What are your shop views like?

I don’t like coming on here to have a moan, as I love Folksy and love selling here. However I just wondered how everyone’s shop views were doing now? I know this has been discussed recently but just wondered if they were on the up at last? Mine aren’t! They seem to be getting steadily worse but what I did think of last night was that maybe because I’ve been adding lots of things to my other shop on another website, and I’ve just been cutting and pasting the description, could that be possibly affecting things? That’s the only thing I could think of that I’ve done differently, would be interested to hear what others think about it.

Claire x

From what I understand (I might be wrong of course) google does not like it when you past and copy the same thing over and over. It starts to see that as spam and infact pushes you down it’s ratings.

I’m keeping daily, weekly and monthly records of viewing in my book to see if I can see any trends.

I’m down on the quarter around Christmas time by about an average of 30 views per week. But I’m slowly gaining again.

Hi Claire

I try not to ponder too much on the number of views I get each day. They are so inconsistent from day to day. For example one day I got 45 views, but not a sniff of a sale, a few days later I got 2 views, but one which resulted in a sale.
I do find days where I’ve listed a new item and promoted on Pinterest, Twitter, forums, CraftJuice etc numbers of views have increased but it doesn’t necessarily mean a sale will follow. If only selling was that easy (sighs) :wink:
Things have always been a little slow here for me on Folksy, but I really like it here and love the forums. When a sale does come its a tremendous buzz. Worth the wait :grinning:

Hope this is of some help

Karen :cherry_blossom:

I’ve noticed that when the weather is nice, the views tend to drop. Yesterday I had 3, but it was a lovely day and I imagine most people (me included) were out enjoying it!

Same here, sunny weekends = not so sunny viewing figures :cry:

1 Like

Good news then, looks like rain later this week, plus a bank holiday so hopefully everyone will be on the internet at the weekend!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Some days I get 0 views, but on one of these days I had a sale so now I don’t pay them much attention. I love your jewellery by the way @EmmaCurtisDesign had a little wander!

2 Likes

I had 3 views yesterday too, but don’t feel so bad about it if I’m not the only one! I wish it was a bit better though. It’s not just views unfortunately, my sales are well down compared to last year, I just keep hoping it’ll pick up again before everyone goes away on holiday!

I think I’m going to have to work on editing my descriptions so they’re different across my other shops, it’s worth a try anyway.

Hi Claire

I wouldn’t worry too much about views either. I’ve had occaisions when the views have been 0 or 2 at most, and have had a sale that day. When I have checked my google analytics report it has been different to folksy views so was very confused, (does not take much to confuse me) Hopefully all the sales will pick up for us all!

Kay

1 Like

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

I’ve had zero views for the last three days, but just had a sale this evening!

1 Like

Well done and congrats x

1 Like

I generally get a few views each day, but I don’t get sales each day - if only! I tend to use Google analytics as it shows more detail, New vs. returning etc., and it seems to be more accurate. If I get a few views each day, at least I can console myself that I’m still getting interest in my things…

1 Like

So I have gone from 3 views on Sunday, to 28 views yesterday! Which is good, I changed a few of my titles yesterday and noticed that I’ve had views of those items, so will have to work on the rest.

I don’t worry about the views at all just the sales !!!

If I tweet, facebook and stumble an items it gets loads of views. I only look at the stats occasionally nowadays as it doesn’t seem to make any difference to sales, most of my sales come when I do promoting which I do little and often … And May is proving a good month here on folksy for Art In Wax :slight_smile:

Hazel

2 Likes

I had 50 views yesterday as I had an item on British crafts, but no sales. Last week I had a handful of views and two sales ! :slight_smile:

and bizarrely I went from zero views on Sunday to 38 yesterday… what happened there?!

1 Like

My views are down quite a bit.

Also now the home page has changed again I’ve no easy way to get to the forum. I don’t like to sound like I’m moaning but it was good to have the Folksy chat link and now it’s gone again .

I don’t really find that my folksy views correlates to sales if that helps!?