Folksy 365 Daily Listing and Group Promotion Thread - AUGUST 2023

Welcome to the August 2023 Challenge Thread

I’m Nikki from GlintBeads, and I will be hosting the August thread.

The rules are outlined below, but the thread regulars will help you with any difficulties - just ask!

• Share your item for the day on this thread. To do this choose your item from your shop, copy the URL at the top of the page, come onto this thread and hit the blue reply button at the very bottom of the page bottom then add some text and paste your link (Items can be a new listing or an existing/re-list, we don’t mind as long as it’s a different item each day)
  • Click on all of the links for everone elses items to take you to their shop and hit the :heart: - this gives the item a brief appearance on the front page - so more chance of getting seen ( this is the main rule for joining in :slight_smile: ) there is a picture of what to do below.
  • You must be prepared to join in regularly throughout the month - missing the odd day is fine and of course joining in for part month is fine also, we understand not everyone can be here every single day, but please do not ‘post and run’ .
  • If you can promote others as well e.g. tweet, re-tweet or pin (this doesn’t have to be everyone on the thread just pick a few a day if you can) or create a #FolksyFriday collage
  • Let me know when you have a Folksy sale, so we can celebrate and happy dance with you.

September - Caroline @Caroleecrafts
October - Max @MaxPringJewellery
November- Anna @Fififoxi (and cover for Sept/Oct)
December - Sue Trevor :purple_heart:

Here’s hoping for a successful August :crossed_fingers:
The story so far 2023 - sales total by month:
Jan - 175 - Feb* - 303 - Mar - 191 Apr - 204 - May - 169 - Jun** - 371 - Jul - 266 - Aug
*Seconds Sunday - 5th Feb **Beautiful Bundles - 3rd&4th Jun

Sales Tally:

Aquila Crafts … - 6
Beadseedz … - 1
Bruce and Daphne Designs - 13
Cariad Crafts … - 7
Carolee Crafts … - 15
Carol Smalley Designs … - 1
Christine Jones Printmaker … - 2
Coast and Cloth … - 10
Coorie Knits … - 1
Creations for Tiny Tots … - 6
Crochet and I … - 3
Erkinwald … -3
FeelFeltFound … - 10
Georgina Crawford Art … - 16
Glint beads … - 8
Gweddus Art … - 37
Hoppycraft … - 2
Jewellery Mori … - 3
Karloshandmade … - 1
KBCreations … - 7
Koko Blue … - 6
Lilac Daisy … - 2
Mallory Journals … - 1
Max Pring Jewellery … - 7
Oswestry Jewels … - 2
Pamadoodle … - 1
Pam Crafts … - 4
Pamela Jones Art Studio … - 2
Pocketful Creations … - 14
Resilient Rose Designs … - 1
Sandgate Glass … - 1
Sue Trevor … - 12
Susan Betty Art … - 4
The Chris Artist … - 3
The Precious Hare … - 1
The Sloth’s Cavern … - 21

TOTAL = 234

12 Likes

Thank you so much for agreeing to look after things for July @GlintBeads. I’ll kick things off with another older listing not shown here before - I am hoping to make some new stuff soon. Have a fabulous month all :grinning:

29 Likes

Thanks for looking after us in august Nikki @GlintBeads . See you later with a listing

19 Likes

Morning all. Than, you for looking after us this month Nikki @GlintBeads

Dining the new vet for a home visit this morning, Shiloh is not getting better and may need some anti inflammatory meds.Doubt they will make it today but may suggest something for the pain in the meantime,
Needless to say Lee and I are worried as have been with him 24/7 since we took possession of him at 9 weeks.

A new listing for August

28 Likes

Good morning all, enjoyed my break and now I’m ready to get back into the swing of things. Thanks for taking over August Nikki @GlintBeads :slight_smile: . Hope the vet is able to help Shilo Caroline @Caroleecrafts :hugs:

Wishing everyone a good month xx

29 Likes

Morning All,

Thank you for looking after us so well in July, Sue @SueTrevor and thank you for taking the reins for August, Nikki @GlintBeads :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Nice to see you back Max @MaxPringJewellery Glad you enjoyed your break :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Caroline @Caroleecrafts I hope the vet can make Shiloh more comfortable today. XXX

Have a lovely day and hopefully a busy august :crossed_fingers:t2: everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

28 Likes

Morning all. Dry here this morning but a tad cool.
Many thanks Sue @SueTrevor for looking after us last month, and many thanks Nikki @GlintBeads for being mum this month.
Mitts from me today

28 Likes

good morning all…thank you for looking after us last month Sue @SueTrevor and thank you for taking over for August Nikki @GlintBeads
Here’s hoping for a good month for everyone …so …I am kicking off with a sales fair card to bring everyone good luck…

24 Likes

Thanks @SueTrevor for July. I am struggling to make anything at the moment but will join in as and when I can. Can anyone point me in the direction of the Summer Exhibition. I can’t find it anywhere and am desperate to see the lovely makes.

23 Likes

Good morning all and what a beautiful start to August, the suns shining and the birds are singing.

Thank you to Sue @SueTrevor for looking after the group in July and to Nikki @GlintBeads for taking on August.

Fingers crossed for a successful month.

Have a good day all.

Here’s my listing for today

27 Likes

@CoastandCloth

You can find it here:

26 Likes

Thank you Hilary. Wow! I’ve just had a quick look and it looks amazing. I hope it boosts sales for those who have taken part.

20 Likes

Here’s to a good month…
At least the sun’s shining :crossed_fingers:
Thanks to everyone for your kindness, unfortunately it would appear that as Instagram have such a poor support system in place my account is lost & I will probably have to start again! Not a happy prospect, particularly as I am so useless at social media.
It’s so frustrating when the account is just sitting there, no changes have been made & so far the hackers haven’t used it for anything, but never mind… Just a reminder to make sure all your accounts are extra secure to avoid the headache!!
Moving forward, here’s today’s listing… good health & lots of sales for everyone for August x
New Home Card - Home Sweet Home - Folksy,

27 Likes

Oh and congrats to all in the exhibition/fringe - it all looks fantastic :ok_hand:

23 Likes

One of my paintings is included in the exhibition but the link to my shop doesn’t work…it just gives a message saying that the page doesn’t exist…( that will help a lot with any sales !!)
I have emailed admin for help.

23 Likes

Good morning everyone and welcome to August and maybe some Summer??
A soft aqua jasper pendant from me today.

https://folksy.com/items/8162481

28 Likes

9 Likes

Good morning.
Thanks Sue @SueTrevor for hosting last months thread - sorry I drew a blank on sales so couldn’t contribute but at least I saved you a bit of dancing!! … and thanks Nikki @GlintBeads for this month.
Thinking of you and Shiloh Caroline @Caroleecrafts - hope he improves soon
Was lucky enough to have one of my items included in the exhibition - a bit surprised because the photo is the greatest (done in a bit of a rush) but happy. Congrats to all in both the exhibition and the fringe :slight_smile:
I believe the summer is coming towards the end of next week @TheBeadHare

A new listing for a green man today

IMG_9174

31 Likes

Thanks Sue @SueTrevor and Niki @GlintBeads for taking the helm for July and August

The exhibition looks amazing. Is there a link to the Fringe? Apparently I have a piece in there, which I have just relisted

27 Likes

Hard to believe it is 6 years today since hubby died…

28 Likes