Folksy Ltd

Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - June 2018

(Sharon Thompson) #381

Another relist, but some new stuff coming soon : )

(Brenda Cumming) #382

good morning all…more sunshine…the sea is looking very blue today…lovely…
Today I have an aceo
https://folksy.com/items/7146540-original-art-aceo-painting-ref-f424-

(Martin Shackleton) #383

Morning all, grey and overcast here this morning
Another teeny tiny pot

(BeadifulByJill) #384

Morning everyone

Brenda I love the garage door.

Here’s my listing for today

(Sarah Bell) #385

Morning folks :slight_smile:

Wow @teabreaks that garage door is amazing!
Hope your daughter is on the move now @AppleQueenJewellery
Wow, those vases really are wonderfully tiny @MartinShackletonCeramics

A relist from me:

Liked and pinned all to here x

(Deborah Jones) #386

Morning all, another bright start here.

I will be working on a free form stone ring commission today, aquamarine this time, I will have to be extra careful after the weekends mishap.

(Rachael H.) #387

Hi Natalie,
Yes, she texted shortly after to say they were back on the road - I asked her to text when she got to the hotel, but of course she didn’t text until this morning, so I had a sleepless night! Apparently they had to tie the coach doors shut so it would start! xx

( Valerie Dockerty) #388

Morning everyone
Love the garage door Brenda @teabreaks

(Julie Lewis) #389

Good Afternoon Everyone.
Dream catcher today, for someones Birthday.
Raining here :cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::open_umbrella::droplet::droplet:
Waiting for iceland man, bit quiet in town .
Happy crafting Adrianx

(Roz) #390

Sorry I was awol yesterday - had a bit of a disillusioned with selling online sort of day and was ready to throw in the towel but I’m feeling a bit more positive today.

Wonderful garage Brenda @teabreaks
Hope your daughter arrived at her destination safely, if rather late, Rachel @AppleQueenJewellery . Its so stressful waiting for news and knowing there is nothing you can do to help. - just read that she arrived, phew :slight_smile:
The new photos are great Martin @MartinShackletonCeramics - really show the size well.

I have just had a rearrange of things in the gallery so have returned some items to my shop. However, there are several scarves that I cant find the original listings for so will be listing them as new items over the next few days - they needed new photos anyway :slight_smile:

Heres the first

(JewelleryByGabi) #391

So fed up with Folksy (& Etsy), spend ages making gorgeous unusual one-off things (and common commercial ones selling for others) no luck for me either way, what am I doing wrong? It takes me longer to photograph & post my one offs than to make them, it’s not even worth the time & money listing them… :frowning:https://folksy.com/shops/JewelleryByGabi

(Thecardjeanie) #392

Hi all,

Sorry I haven’t been around for the last week. I really seem to have lost my mojo lately. I need to give myself a good talking to and maybe the creativity will come back!!!

That said, I do have a sale to report Max @MaxPringJewellery. Could you add it to the tally for me please.

May thanks,

Jeanie x

(Helen Healey) #393

I spent a while revamping my shop banner today (I’d had the same banner for years and thought it needed updating. I’m pleased with it but now I feel guilty because I should really have been making stock! :confounded: If anybody fancies taking a peak and giving me some feedback, I’d be really grateful.

Thankfully I still have a couple of new items I finished at the weekend so my banner faffing hasn’t caused a relist (yet!).

https://folksy.com/items/7146559-Owl-toiletry-bag-owl-wash-bag-in-ivory-fabric-with-golden-yellow-striped-owl

(Roz) #394

Great new banner Helen @PocketfulCreations - keep meaning to redo mine but seem to remember it took hours faffing around resizing it last time I did it - did you do it with a template?

(Helen Healey) #395

Thanks Roz. I used Pic Collage to put the photos together but had to line them up by eye as there wasn’t a template grid in that format. Then I used one of those free resizing websites to alter the pixel size of the collage to the recommended banner size. It was a bit of a faff and quite time-consuming but I got there in the end.

(Verchielbeadsandjewellery) #396

all loved and pinned to here. Fab banner Helen @PocketfulCreations. Theres a free app you might like to take a look at Roz @OrchardFelts for your banner. Heres the link https://www.canva.com/create-a-design. If you go into social media and email headers, there is one is there for etsy. Sorry to mention that E word on here…but you can use that and the sizing fits perfectly for folksy too. Just upload you own pics, then select the ones you want to add. If you try it let me know what you think. You can do you fb posts etc on it too. x

(Max Pring) #397

Good evening all, yay happy dancing for your sale Jeane and welcome back.

Glad to hear you are feeling more positive Roz @OrchardFelts

Gabi @JewelleryByGabi sorry to hear you are struggling. I can only pass on the things that work for me

1. list regularly, make sure your listings include sizes
  2. Promote, I share an item from each of my 4 online shops every weekday morning, I post on twitter and facebook and share on lots of relevant facebook groups. I’m in full time work all day so can’t do anything after 8am until I get home at 6pm.
  3. Promote some more :slight_smile: come onto the forums and join in the threads,
  4. Promote even more, when I get home in the evening I check for any comments and respond to say thank you, I go onto all of the groups I have posted in to comment or like other’s posts, not sure if it helps but I like to support others

I’m sure there is much more that you could do, and others may also add comments, but this works for me, yes I get slow months, this has been one of them but things do often pick up again

(Linda Wild) #398

Evening everyone, all loved etc. to here. Sorry it’s another re-list from me

(RosesFeltWorkshop) #399

Just a simple keyring today

(JewelleryByGabi) #400

Thank you Max, but frankly, if it takes more time to post & promote my one-off pieces than to make then what’s the point.I did try posting every day to get more exposure but still didn’t get anywhere. I then changed tack and made less common (non jewellery) items, but still no luck, despite selling successfully in my bricks and mortar shop and at fairs. I think Folksy is just too small an audience and as you need to have an account to buy it puts buyers off.