Folksy front page...all change!

@ciesse I have noticed several times that the sold and being bought items have been the same.

It is fresher but seems quite big to me - just need time to adjust.

I do question if 2 of the12 pictures should be dedicated to the featured seller when there is already a featured seller section on the page. Maybe 1 would be fairer to the other 5873 Folksy sellers (noticed that you now have to log out to see these figures, unless I am missing something)

5 Likes

Why not have them all but every time you fresh the page each one is different. So each one is on a rotation like I use in my featured items within our shops who have the plus account.

That way each time someone comes to the front page they see a different item for each section.

2 Likes

Oh I do that when I first list something - promote all over. But I’ve also used the opportunity whenever anything of mine made it to the FP to promote again, asking people if they can spot it.

Ah the new looks is way better!! The signed in version is exactly what’s needed, even though there are not as many pictures I think you will be able to pay more attention to the ones that are there. The old way felt too over whelming, too many things to look at.
I also don’t mind seeing the end of the best sellers list, I don’t think it added much, by the very nature of the products some things will sell more often than others, so best seller doesn’t equate with best shop/ product. (which may not necessarily be clear to customers)

The signed out version is also much better, I think if I were coming to Folksy for the first time (as I did not that long ago :stuck_out_tongue: ) That’s what I would like to see. The gift guides are easy to see and access, as a customer to Folksy (and not any 1 particular shop) it’s good to have something to guide people through the types of things to expect. I think this way the guides will be used more.

2 Likes

I used to love the Bestsellers list- when I was on it! When I wasn’t I’d think “Why give extra publicity to people who are already doing well?”! Not sorry that it’s gone, although I think it was only other sellers who looked at it. I’m not sure about the big photos- when you list something new it’s nice to get a big photo on the front page, but it must be even more annoying when it doesn’t appear!..

1 Like

I did used to browse through the recently listed and sometimes you can find nice new shops that way. I like the front page, but I don’t think the featured seller should also have extra photos as part of the 12 photos.

I like that you can see what being favourited but feel there is notas much much point in showing stuff thats sold.

I would be interested to know how you get to be a featured seller. Is it down to photography?

Ellie

2 Likes

I like it! I don’t miss the recently listed or the best sellers lists and think it’s great that you have to sign in to get access to the forums. Most importantly I can now see the images clearly without having to zoom in. Only improvement I would like is for the categories, on the “FP not signed in”, to be more visible: stronger, brighter or bigger.

When I looked just now, there were two photos from the featured seller, two photos of ‘recently listed’ from the same shop, and similar things from the same shop in the ‘being bought now’ and ‘sold’ sections…not much variety there, then!..

4 Likes

I like both new versions of the front page. A lot less cluttered and much clearer and therefore easier to use. It’s much more inviting to do some shopping and that’s what we all want after all :smile:

1 Like

I love the new Signed-out version! Much clearer to navigate, Much less clutter, Much better for a browsing shopper!

I’d vote for it taking over as the ‘signed-in’ version, too!!

10/10, folksy!

1 Like

The only problem with having the bigger images is that any photos that are a bit iffy or out of focus look dreadful now.

Oh I’ve not seen the signed out version as I always open my shop first and sign in so when I open up folksy I’m already signed in.

Ok be right back going to log out of both so I can view the folksy main page in the signed out version

I like the bigger pictures, but feel that if you are a featured seller it’s a bit ott to then have a further 2 big pictures.
When the front page is signed out you are directed to the gift guides etc first, I think the categories should be the first thing you see, as this is fair to all, not just the minute amount in the gift guides, suggestions etc.
I liked the recently listed, as it was the only chance for me and many others to get anywhere near the front page!

5 Likes

I agree with you Bizzy Liz

Thank you Eileen, I’m glad I’m not alone!

oh I forgot to say I do like the cleaner look though I hate clutter as I have to live with it at home at the moment due to building work lol

I miss the Recently Listed feature too. I liked to know that my new listings would have a chance of being seen, if only briefly & I enjoyed scrolling through to see what other products were around.
I feel the front page is heavily biased towards a privileged few producers

2 Likes

I really miss the recently added and the best sellers list. I used to look at those all the time and I find when I relist items to brieftly appear on the front page and be there for other people to browse through later in that section my views were always up on those days.
To me it all looks a bit too clean and clinical. If I didn’t already know what Folksy was there is not enough there to really grab me and make me ‘get it’. I’d love to see a far greater selection of what’s on offer on the front page from a wider range of sellers. I wouldn’t miss the featured seller as the same person seems to be there for days and makes it look like that is the only sort of thing on offer. (I expect I would feel differently if it was me featured though!!)
Anyway still love Folksy!!

5 Likes

The trouble with the ‘recently listed’ feature was that it had been hijacked by Plus Sellers who relisted every day. It didn’t give much of a chance to people with genuine new listings. There are two spaces on the front page for genuinely new listings, but I don’t think every new listing gets there…at least it’s democratic, though.

1 Like

Well said DewDropCrafts.
I have come to the conclusion that Folksy is more concerned with achieving a certain ‘look’ than with keeping its craft sellers happy. I’m sure there are many producers out there on Folksy whose creations never get seen as a result of that.
Remember - variety is the spice of life so make it simple for potential buyers to see more of it

3 Likes