Good glue I need help

I have a metal glue which works a treat, I think it’s bostik, comes in very small tubes. I agree that the two surfaces need a little prep work first

I think I found it on Amazon or eBay it was about a year ago I got it.

@ManiacalMosaics I gave up on the idea of items i needed to glue last year.
:blush:

ZZZZZZZZombie thread! LOL Sorry for the sermon. Glad you found what you needed.

1 Like

I have started using an epoxy glue called Devcon which I found online. The two components come in a sort of double syringe which is really convenient to use. You can press the plunger, extrude two tiny drops and mix together just enough to stick a button or stone in place. I still try to rough up the surface a bit first. The glue takes 30min to set so there is time for disaster recovery - like yesterday when I dropped a stone sticky side down on the kitchen floor! It also dries clear and so far everything has remained firmly stuck!
Pat

I’ve settled on using E6000 which sticks well, doesn’t completely gunk up my finger ends …but, I do have a problem with it being brittlle over time. I use it to stick the bails on earrings and pendants . They stay stuck really well, in the shower even (though I don’t wear the pendants for swimming as I don’t want to have to swim to the bottom of the pool to retrieve the glass if it comes off). The time they fall apart is if I accidentally drop them - then the glue Always breaks, really cleanly.