Glue advice please

hi, i do many crafts using rhinestones,i use hot glue to stick them but now im wanting to glue to glass and plastic ect, the hot glue does not stick well, i used UHU glue but this made the rhinestones kind of go Crystal looking,as is the glue melted the back. someone told me about E6000 glue so i bought some, i glued some ems on glass and it has done the same thing, made the rhinestones kind of look crystal/melted at the back and this dose not look good for my work, does anyone have any advice, am i doing something wrong, am i using the wrong type of glue, is there another glue out there that wont do this? x

Pinflair glue sticks most things…I even mended the toilet roll holder to the tiles in the bathroom with it and fixed the wooden struts on the kitchen chair…available in all good craft shops and online…
can’t vouch for it sticking jewellery …maybe someone else will know…

1 Like

thank you, il will put it on my list to have a look at :smile:

I think for rhinestones you need to use a solvent free glue or it will damage the back. I have glued them to porcelain before using a solvent free glue from B&Q (own brand) and it worked OK and dried clear. Not tried it on glass but might work.

solvent free, iv never her of that but will defo keep that one in mind, thanks

A quick test with GS hypo cement and an old foiled back plastic rhinestone on a glass tile and it seems to have done the trick with out damaging the rhinestone. Its a xylene/ heptane solvent based glue if that helps to compare it to the ones you’ve tried rather than buying a tube a being disappointed.

Try jewellers glue, very strong and completely clear, may have to find a way to support the gem in place as it is intended for gluing stones into settings where they are surrounded. Make a temporary ‘setting’ out of plasticine or something but take care not to glue that!

I use pinflair to stick gems to cards and as it dries clear it should be ok on glass items.