Handcrafted Creations for Children's Hospitals: Join Us in Making a Difference

Hello everyone,

I address you once again with great passion and determination for an initiative that truly means a lot to me. After noticing that my first post didn’t garner much interest, I feel it’s important to clarify some key points.

Perhaps some of you have wondered if you can trust me, considering my foreign origin. I’d like to assure you that my nationality should not be a reason for mistrust. If you’d like, I’m more than willing to provide you with the name of the hotel in Leicester actively supporting this initiative, offering my products to support projects for children’s hospitals. Despite not knowing each other personally, I’m here to share a cause that transcends cultural barriers: the health and well-being of children.

I want to emphasize that I have no intention of profiting from your generous donations. My primary job satisfies me fully, and creating boxes with the bandsaw is simply an expression of my passion for wood.

Currently, my works are on display at a hotel in Leicester, but I firmly believe that we can do more and expand our impact.

My goal is to spread this initiative through online platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and this forum. I warmly invite you to contact me privately to ensure transparency in my actions and to receive more information on how you can contribute to projects for children’s hospitals.

I’m not trying to sell you my products, but rather asking you to join me in promoting this cause. With your support, we can reach a wider audience and raise funds to help children and their families during difficult times.

Thank you sincerely for dedicating your time to me, and I apologize if I let my emotions get the better of me in the past. I hope that together we can make a difference and bring a smile to the faces of the little warriors and their families.

Thank you again for your support and generosity.

With gratitude,
Marco

There’s no need to apologise Marco but speaking personally each area has similar good causes to yours, in my case Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool and the neo-natal department at The Women’s Hospital. There’s only so much I can do and that might apply to more of us so don’t think it’s personal if the response is not what you hoped for. Good Luck. Jan

1 Like

Marco, you are doing a great thing using your work to support children’s hospitals. As Jan said, many of us here already support local charities and organisations through our product sales, personally I support a local mental health charity, and there’s only so much we can do. I wish you well with your endeavour.

1 Like

I would like to express my sincere thanks to @janetwilliamson @kokoblue taking the time to respond to my message. Their words touched on a crucial point that I would like to delve into further: the approach to charity.
As they rightly pointed out, there are many facets to our commitment to others, each with its own value and significance. It ranges from offering a modest percentage of our earnings to donating the entire proceeds. Personally, I find great satisfaction in my primary job and consider creating these boxes as a delightful hobby. However, what makes this passion special is its social impact: every profit generated is entirely donated to charity, retaining only a small portion to cover material costs, amounting to just 5 pounds.
I know it may sound incredible, but it’s what I do. I’m not seeking praise or recognition, but simply modest support in spreading this initiative. I firmly believe that by sharing our experiences, we can grow this movement and help those in need. In my case, I have chosen to support the children’s hospital through my commitment.
Ultimately, all I was looking for was a little support to promote this cause. However, it is sad to note how the world seems to focus too often on money, overlooking those who are suffering and in need of help.
I hope that together we can change this perspective and bring a little more light into the lives of those who are less fortunate.
Thank you again for your attention,
Marco

1 Like