Handmade Books

Hello,

Anybody else selling handmade or self-published books?

Story Books
Altered books
Notebooks
Anything related to books…

I know I’m not the only one.

Here are mine:

and:

I love these. If it is all handmade and written by you I think you’re under selling them. A card for £2;00 or a book for £5:00!
I’ve made textile books in the past and textile wedding albums but its not really viable for my folksy shop.

I made this photo/scrapbook album, think that counts as a book!

I also do notebooks with removable covers but the notebook bit isn’t handmade so maybe doesn’t fit in this category :smile:

1 Like

I’d love to see your textile books Megan :slight_smile: Thanks for liking my books, they sell for £5-7 in shops so I was pricing them according to that. I’m aware people would have to pay postage on top so I keep the price as low as I can. They were a lot of work though!

I sell handmade journals/scrapbooks from recycled materials often including my own handmade paper/card

Interesting books :). Are your drawing then printed copies in your books so you can produce more copies? I know how long it takes to hand bind/sew a book all together and the pricked fingers lol.

1 Like

Hi Eileen, lovely journal! Handmade paper/card sounds interesting.

For my books I’m drawing, writing and, for one - researching - them, getting the pages and covers printed and then cutting and sewing them up with embroidary thread. It does take so long! And I know all about pricked fingers too! :smile: