Has anyone been approached to advertise in Just For Her Military Magazine?

I’ve been called twice and just replied that I’m not inrerested, thank you.

Hey! I own a little company that produces ceramic products with Hand & Footprints on, its a small business, which I work around my part-time hours. I totally struggle with where to advertise on my miniscule budget. I just want to assure you lovely ladies. I work for the company that produces Just for Her, daily we struggle to overcome other advertisers that have miss-sold or miss-lead people into advertising into a publication that actually never goes to press. We have produced Just for Her for 8 years. We are a reputable company who primarily produces RAF Station magazines and Army Journals. At the end of last year we gained a new editor for that publication with fresh and new ideas as to what the publication should look like. Previously we have always produced it like we do the forces station magazines, slightly more formal. We are now hitting as many media sites as possible, twitter / facebook etc and promoting the magazine there too. The publication is distributed directly to the bases, let me assure you it is a publication we love and we are putting everything into, so we really are giving it our all to promote it. We have amazing editorial and constant competitions to enter. If any of you would like to see a copy at any time please e-mail me sally@forcespublishing.co.uk and I can send you an electronic version. I hope you don’t mind me commenting on here but I would hate for you to tar us with the same brush as some terrible publications out there.

Well, how different are you if you just use the ‘hard sell’ and then when someone does ask to see the mag, you dont’ even bother to get an email address? And when no one has ever heard of the mag that’s in the military it doesn’t look like it’s worth advertising in.

1 Like

Is this an experience you have had with us Denise or just advertising in general? If you would like to see a copy feel free to email me your address and Ill happily pop a copy in the post, or we can send a copy electronically. We are spending literally hours a day promoting the publication on Facebook / Twitter, we are blogging constantly and uploading it every time to Issuu so its definitely in our interest to send it out. I can assure you its distributed (as this is a massive cost to us as I’m sure you can imagine) and we have competition entries every issue so we know its being read. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with.

I’d say it’s a scam, I had something similar for one of the forces (fire, police can’t remember now) I got as far as agreeing to the ad before looking for more reviews etc and discovered that it was a scam, I tried to cancel the ad but they sent me threatening letters/emails because once you’ve booked this kind of thing normally you have to pay. But because I knew they were a scam I refused to pay and they backed off.

I’ve looked this lot up in google and it’s ALL about advertising and what size your ad needs to be, where are their distribution figures? where do they sell the magazine? why are they only showing one copy on their website? can you get copies of previous magazines?

It’s all very dubious, I’ve advertised in magazines before (I also have an online scrapbooking supplies shop) and I’ve NEVER received cold calls (or emails) from their rival magazines offering ad space.

I have however had people contact me because they want to include one of my products in an article, this was offered totally free of charge.

I would advise you to avoid them at all cost or you could find yourself seriously out of pocket. Do you have a local magazine that you could advertise in instead?

Its well renowned that there have been many scams like this that revolve around the police, we do not produce anything for the police. Its a shame we are all being tarred with the same brush. It would be like a crafter offering a poor service or ripping someone off and everyone saying not to buy that craft because of it. We have worked for the forces for many years now and it has taken us a long time to get the reputation we have.

I fully understand people not wanting to advertise I just want to make sure people do not think we are any way affiliated with scammers.

Just for Her is distributed free of charge, we do not sell this publication. You can have as many previous copies as you like. If you prefer to see digital versions please go onto Issuu where we download all for you to see. I’m sure you can appreciate we produce over 100 military magazines a year, we cannot keep old issues on the website due to size but we are happy to direct you to HIVE websites etc where you can see them.

Sally Haynes can you confirm what issue the magazine is on now?