Has Facebook totally died for anyone else?

Thanks @Josara :slight_smile: It is a full on job running it now but the volume of sales some days are staggering! It is a great mix of sellers/non sellers and I love the fact that people support each other so wonderfully - even folk selling similar sort of items! Such a fab place to be x

1 Like

What is this IG you are talking about @Amberlilly and @biskettblue? I have never heard of it!!

1 Like

Hi Emma

Glad there are others who have the same problem. Yes I find that my reach has gone right down. I am careful about how I word my posts, not using prices etc but this doesn’t seem to make a difference. I have had a steady stream of new likers but I don’t think many see my posts. I tend to use twitter and pinterest and have just started using instagram.

Best wishes

Sara

Hi, I am hoping that I G is Instagram x

This has made interesting reading. I didn’t loose too many likers in the recent cull and I believe most of my likes were organic. What’s wierd for me is I had a small group that would comment and like and suddenly they have gone! to literally nothing. I am not one to continually promo either but maybe its just not working for me anymore. It’s a great idea to investigate further where my views were coming from and I am just getting to grips with Twitter so maybe that will help.

My main problem with all of this is time. I make my cards around another job so although I love pages like British Crafters I just can’t sit and interact as much as i’d like.

Thanks for all your views and advice
Emma x

In case you are a google analytics dummy I wrote an idiots guide on how to track down where your views came from in this forum thread: Conflicting Views for someone who didn’t know how to do it.
Sasha

Ah I have heard of Instagram, but must admit I’m not on it, perhaps its time tho, as I am not getting anywhere with facebook, they keep changing it apparently and I think it is all about adverts and paid boosted posts now, it keeps telling me that I have posts that are working 95% harder than others but thats just because I have had a bit of a conversation with a friend!!
Instagram here I come!!

2 Likes

Whatever happened to my views on the lst seems to have sorted itself out and they are back to normal, at least what is normal for me, now. Think Facebook was inundated with April lst posts !

I must add my thanks to @dottiedesigns’s / British Crafters. A fantastic ‘resource’ for all us crafters and artists and the first page I look at every morning.

Happy Easter everyone.

1 Like

Being as Instagram is owned by Facebook is it not very likely to go down the same route?

Sorry ladies just caught up with this thread, all down to a new little fur ball that joined my household on Monday.

I notice over the last couple of weeks that my reaches on fb have dropped to about 50 plus whereas before they were over a hundred sometimes 153. Not a lot I know but getting fewer comments and definately no sales from it although I always post where I am going to be.
Not sure what the answer is. I don’t know much about Instagram but think maybe I should look into it and also Twitter

Kate

I have this morning out up a post saying where I am tomorrow and it’s reach 183 people. There seems to be no consistency with fb regarding how many people it reaches.
I didn’t put a price in this time, which I don’t like doing, but it appears to have reached more people.

Kate

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to the Forum, yeah, my Facebook Likes have soared to 103 Likes in last 2 weeks but looked today and have no Likes since Friday. I could have had my first sale but don’t know how to relist my expired items like the Fair Isle sox that have given me a lot of Likes and reached a fair amount of people.

Don’t have many FB friends, but have a few Followers. I am looking for my first sale for months. Maybe its my photos that are no good??? What am I doing wrong?

@Kniterella2 If you go to your dashboard on the lefthand side you will see a link called ‘listings’ (under items), click on this then select the ‘expired’ tab (middle ish of the screen under the manage listings heading). Scroll through the list to find the ones you want, clicking in the tick box on the left hand side of the listing (next to the thumb nail photo) as you go. When you get to the bottom of the page click on the ‘renew’ button that is at the very top of the list (should be a bluey colour), this will take you to a new screen which says do you want to relist these items.(there will be a list of titles and thumbnail photos underneath it)… and then click on the ‘relist’ button.
Hope that helps.
Sasha

That is a great number, almost half of your followed see your creations:) Your posts must be very interesting

Lol, I’m in the same boat:)) Using twitter and pinterest and just started Instagram as well few days ago, but have not got much clue how to use any of those:)) Good luck for you !

Hi Emma,
I suffe from the same thing, I have only lost 5-6 liker with the big cleanout so my likers must be real people, but only reaching 200-400 from my over 1500. I get quite a few sale trough fb, not like here with my 0 sale:)) So I keep it, but it is very depressing that whatever you do, is just not reaching people. I stopped worrying about my stats and made this to remind myself all the time not to look at:) They just want us to pay for promotion, sad enough

OOh and I know is not funny, but it keeps me on the right track!

My Facebook shop page is doing very well, ove 400 people reached with handknit Fair Isle socks post, got lots of Likes and some comments to about other photos posted. I may have lots of views here too, but no sales as yet. What am I doing wrong, is it my photos? Are they not good enough? I would appriciate some advice. Thanks a lot.

Thanks very much I relisted all my expired items, got lots of views but no sales, I wonder if I should close the shop or just hang on a bit longer.

Views are a good thing - maybe you just have the wrong item at the wrong time. We are entering the summer months so how many people are looking for scarves and woolly socks? (other than me but I get my mum to knit my socks for me and she doesn’t charge!) Perhaps you could try listing a lace weight shawl or bolero which people could use to cover up a strappy dress on a cool summers evening. Alternatively let the shop lapse/close for the summer and then come back in the autumn when people are starting to look for warm knits again.
Your photos could also do with a revamp - you are obviously shooting in doors based on the backgrounds I can see and the lighting in the photos. Now we have some sunny weather maybe try shooting outside on a plain white background. Maybe rope a friend in to act as a glamorous model for your scarves.
Hope that helps
Sasha