Help - feedback and tips!

I’ve recently reopened my Folksy shop https://folksy.com/shops/Littlebeads after a long break. Usually I sell, with success, at local craft fairs but due to COVID these have been cancelled. As yet, I’ve had no sales since reopening my shop. Would be grateful for some feedback from other other sellers to see if there is anything I can do to improve my shop to increase sales. I do post on the occasionally on Facebook groups. I’m aware my photos are not that good, I really struggle to get them to look bright and crisp!

Ooo, it’s a great shop. I especially love the beady jumpers! Don’t despair, it can take a while to get started, but in my experience, once you get started sales pick up pace.

Hi Chris, I have had a quick look and think your pieces are very cute but found myself wondering what a few of them were ( I was looking at the bag charms). In terms of feedback, I would recommend trying to take a photo of the item being used, in this case, on an actual handbag- I know this is sometimes easier said than done, especially if you don’t have much work space and lighting is poor but it’s something to consider.
If it helps I can highly recommend photo lightboxes (easily found on Amazon and the like- or even create your own, with some white paper etc) as I was finding photos challenging as my space is really poorly lit, amongst other challenges! I think it is common practice amongst makers to revise their photos indeed make improvements when there is an abundance of natural lighting but until then, lightboxes are fab!

I’m sure more experienced sellers will also give you constructive feedback. Another thing to consider when selling online are the tags, I tend to stay away from individual words and try to come up with phrases, so in your case- who is your target audience? ‘Gifts for …’- hope that makes sense and proves useful!

As @Justtosay mentioned, don’t despair, online selling is a learning curve for so many of us new to Folksy- it takes time and participating in the Forums helps to gauge the general experience of other Folksy sellers.

:four_leaf_clover: :wink:

Hi Chris, Try a different background texture if you’re struggling for good photographs. I know my photographs have improved this year with a different back ground texture. Also, as @PoppyDarling said, look at your tags. I usually search for things I’m listing on here or on the ‘other’ site and see what tags I can find have been used. Used the maximum.

Hi all, thanks so much for your constructive feedback, lots of ideas for me to try so I can hopefully get selling started!

1 Like