Help I need chain

For years I’ve been using the same chain for my suncatchers. Strong, can only be broken with my wire cutters and neat and the links are big enough to take my two sizes of split rings.
This is what I’ve been using
10 of Markylis - 2.5m OF SILVER PLATED CURB NECKLACE JEWELLERY CRAFT CHAIN 5.5mm by 4mm - £2.99 per 2.5m.
They are sold out and not planning to replenish. I’ve tried elsewhere and sent it back as I could break it with my fingers.

I’ve tried a couple of alternatives from Markylis but one is not pretty (different sized links) and just discovered the other has links which won’t take the bigger split ring I put on the end for hanging so had to use small ones last night.

I can’t keep buying and sending back and the people selling the breakable stuff just don’t seem to understand that their chain really is not very strong (imagine if it were used as a necklace and you snagged it and it just broke !).

So I desperately need help to find a replacement. Took my months when I first found this one and now I’m stuck.

Looked at Cookson gold but that’s by the metre for the same price which would mean I’d have to increase my suncatcher prices.

Is it worth phoninh Markylis and asking where they were buying it from ? If I have to buy 1000m from China I can always put the excess on Ebay !

What about

links are a bit bigger than what you quote but I’ve had it before and it is very strong (I might even still have some lurking in a box under my desk if you want some to try out or I can hang my trusty bag of rocks off one end to test the strength to breaking point)

Thanks Sasha I’ll take a look. xx
Don’t you hate it when supplies of something you have so very carefully sourced suddenly stop !

Gosh yes its annoying - I’m having to retire 2 of my earring lines as suppliers have stopped doing the beads and I haven’t found an alternative source (not even in bulk from China). I now need to sell the last few of what I have so that I can introduce a couple of new lines in their place at Christmas.
Offer still stands if you want me to stress test what I have.

I have walked for hours round the wonderful markets in Bangkok looking for several of the things I use and never ever find what I’m looking for. I’ll see how I go.
Joy