Help with Emoticons

I can get the very small list of smileys by typing a : but how do I get more interesting and varied emoticons - hearts etc
(not the baboon which I uploaded directly as an animated gif)

PS In case nobody has noticed titles of topics must be 15 characters minimum

Answer - type a : and a letter and select from the list. Magic

:joy:

There are only 5 on my list. Crying with laughter isn’t on mine :’( so I’m just using trial and error. Would love to know if there’s a list anywhere.

For more complicated ones like :

Found plenty here
http://yoursmiles.org/

I just selected the one I wanted, clicked html and copy/ pasted the code it gave me

1 Like

That is so cool! This new forum is bad for business - I can see hours whizzing by when I should be painting…

4 Likes

don’t worry Stephanie, you’ll grow out of it :wink:

I used to be a regular on ebay’s forums years and years ago and we were demons with gifs. My own speciality was typing in invisible ink. I wonder if it works here?

testing testing testing

thank goodness, it doesn’t

1 Like

We have this, but it is missing a handful like my favorite :markov: (hover over to discover the code)

https://meta.discourse.org/t/where-can-i-see-a-list-of-all-available-smilies-emoji-or-emoticons-and-their-codes/2912

Keep in mind, as you type stuff auto-completes so you can explore a bit, eg type

:m and the drop down adjusts.

1 Like

:feelsgood: : Thanks Sam

:joy:

yep I like it so much, I’ve been lurking around a lot more :wink:

Thanks JoY! I used to use the glitters in an ebay forum, prepare for more glitters! I’ve missed them :smiley:

Oooooooooooooooh…shiny things :two_hearts:

1 Like

I just got a line of text. I have to say the new forums are making me feel a bit thick!

:gb: :bug: funny what comes up -lots very :jp:

Ok one more from me then I must do something useful like making glass
A fairy maybe

1 Like

Yeah I can see Im going to faff around a lot finding glitters and animations :laughing:

1 Like

I really can’t do it moves along the bus…

:star:

Just seeing if it works.

1 Like

Ooh I think I could get to like these!

1 Like

:dog2:
just testing

and again ! so addictive

2 Likes

:sunny: Oh that’s how you do it, lol!! :blush: