Help with pinterest

Hi all,

So I’ve decided to try out Pinterest but I’m not really sure what I’m doing! I’ve used it in the past only to save ideas on my personal account (and that was while ago). I’ve had a read of the Folksy blog posts about it and looked up some posts on this forum, and opened a new business account.

I’ve added a couple of pins of my painted pebbles, can someone tell me if they can be seen and look ok? The photos look blurry on my computer screen, but fine on my phone, does anyone know what’s wrong with them (the photos are fine before adding them, is it because of the size of them on Pinterest)?

Also I’ve just made the pins so far straight through the Pinterest site and manually adding the photos and description, rather than clicking on the ‘pin it’ button on my listings on Folksy. When you do it straight from Folksy, I’m not keen on how the description turns to a big chunk of writing on the pin, and I can’t seem to edit it (before or after adding the pin). Is there a way to change it at all? Is there any benefit from doing it straight from my shop, apart from it being quicker?

Sorry for lots of questions, I’m sure I’ll get used to it soon! Any other advice would be great. Once I’ve figured these bits out I plan on getting involved with the Pinterest threads on here too, and following other people and starting to repin other people’s items too :slight_smile:

Here’s the link if anyone would mind seeing if it works (I hope this links to the right place!) :

Thank you!

Caroline

1 Like

Hi
It’s definitely better to make your own pins rather than pin directly from Folksy.
I can highly recommend the 3 day free training from Social Giraffe. They are repeating it in September. Here’s the link

I learned lots in the 3 days, so much so that I’ve signed up again as a refresher.

5 Likes

Hi Caroline. You have a lovely shop, your pebbles are gorgeous! The photos don’t look blurry to me. It might just be because they are quite zoomed in & maybe need a bit more space around them, as the square cropped photos in your shop look great. I’m also trying to get to grips with it, & I’ve started taking extra photos more zoomed out, so I can crop them to the 1000x1500 that Pinterest needs - might be worth trying for future listings?

Also - don’t forget to add it to your social media links too, same place you added Instagram :slight_smile:

Sam @HandknitBySam thanks so much for that link, just signed up! Do you have to be online when they run it or can I watch them back?

2 Likes

The last time it was recorded so you could watch it later. They also set up a Facebook group which was really helpful too :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you for your reply and for the link, I will take a look! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! I’m glad the photos are ok but will bear that in mind to try and take more zoomed out photos for future ones. I’ll add the link to my shop now too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are a no of things to help get started with Pinterest on the Folksy blog. Eg this one! 7 Easy Pinterest & Instagram Tricks To Get More People To Your Folksy Shop

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Sam.
Thanks for the info on the Pinterest Challenge.
I really struggle with Pinterest so I’m hoping this will help.

1 Like

You’re welcome.
I found the last one really helpful. :blush:

1 Like

If anyone is looking to up their Pinterest use in the New Year the Social Giraffe are running a free 3 day Pinterest challenge again in January which I can highly recommend.

2 Likes

I ended up doing this course back in September and found it really helpful! Would also highly recommend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for this, I’ve signed up as I have no idea what I’m doing on Pinterest either (even though I’ve been pinning for months :joy:)
:slightly_smiling_face: