Folksy Ltd

Help with the new E.U. regs

(Amberlilly) #1

I’m getting a bit worried about how to abide by these new guidlines. I have tried to add info to my info page, but it only allowes 500 charactors, how is everyone else managing, can you please give me some advice. there doesn’t seem to be enough room to say about the time limit and the final fees…etc…
Thanks,
Lin.

(Margaret Jackson) #2

I think Folksy will give help and support regarding this, if you’re worried, ask support for some advice.

(Amberlilly) #3

Ok Louisa15, I thought maybe other sellers would know as they would come up against the same problem.

(Margaret Jackson) #4

I know one of my seller friends was panicking about this, but the advice given to her is not to worry, Folksy will help you deal with it. Hopefully some sellers will come along and tell you more, but I just wanted to pass on the words of encouragement given to her so you don’t worry! :smile:

(Amberlilly) #5

Oh thanks Louisa, you are a gem. Lin

(Minerva) #6

You have to add the information in your Policies. Go to Your Shop at the top, Dashboard, Profile Settings. You have lots of space there. Where do you go that gives you limited character space?

You can find information about the Regulations here https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/58122-legal-information-what-sellers-need-to-comply-wit

(Amberlilly) #7

i put some info in the Buying from me section. Where does the form go when they need to return an item, as they have to be notified of this forn when they purchase.

(Minerva) #8

Folksy will do that. Did you get the Folksy Seller News, June 2014 by email? If not, it’s best to ask Admin about it.

In the ‘Buying from me’ section, I would put just some basic information, no policies. Customers will go to your profile to get more information or in the listings.

(Amberlilly) #9

Ok thanks Minerva I shall take it off an transfer it to my profile page. cheers. Lin

(Christine Shephard) #10

Here’s a copy of the relevant bit from Folksy’s e-mail. You just have to make sure you are aware of your obligations as a seller, and that your profile/listings don’t include anything that doesn’t comply with the new rules. Everything else is being taken care of by Folksy. You don’t need to add all the details to your profile, they will be covered by Folksy’s standard policy.

What we’re doing
Don’t worry - we will be helping you to comply by:

1. Automatically updating the information that is included in our site-wide Returns Policy and on the standard Returns Policy section of your listing pages.
  2. Including instructions on how to cancel an order in the buyer’s confirmation of order email and on the Knowledge Base.
  3. Providing a cancellation form as a downloadable PDF file.

What you need to do

1. Please make sure that you are aware of the new rules and that you adhere to them when dealing with any returns or cancellations, as they are a legal requirement.
  2. If you have any conflicting policies in the ‘additional policies and exceptions’ section of your shop settings, or anywhere else in your shop (check your profile and ‘buying from me’ sections!), please amend them before Friday June 13th 2014.

(Eileens Craft Studio) #11

I think my email got deleted by mistake but I assumed Folksy would do this for us any way like they have been doing before the updated regulations.

(Sophie Cooke) #12

one thing that hasnt been added automatically by folksy is the bit about a possible deduction by the seller on the refund under clause 34 (9) - but if you dont tell the customer you wont be giving a full refund if there is wear and tear, then you still have to give a full refund!

in that same section there is also a bit about the costs that have to be refunded by sellers in relation to returns:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/265898/consumer-contracts-information-cancellation-and-additional-payments-regulations-2013.pdf

34.—(1) The trader must reimburse all payments, other than payments for delivery, received from the consumer, subject to paragraph (10). (2) The trader must reimburse any payment for delivery received from the consumer, unless the consumer expressly chose a kind of delivery costing more than the least expensive common and generally acceptable kind of delivery offered by the trader.

(9) If (in the case of a sales contract) the value of the goods is diminished by any amount as a result of handling of the goods by the consumer beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods, the trader may recover that amount from the consumer, up to the contract price. (10) An amount that may be recovered under paragraph (9)— (a) may be deducted from the amount to be reimbursed under paragraph (1); (b) otherwise, must be paid by the consumer to the trader. (11) Paragraph (9) does not apply if the trader has failed to provide the consumer with the information on the right to cancel required by paragraph (l) of Schedule 2, in accordance with Part 2. (12) For the purposes of paragraph (9) handling is beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods if, in particular, it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop.

whilst the changes made have been helpful to an extent, the T&C/policies on items in my shop still link to the old DSR regs from 2000!
https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/109405-sales-return-policy

i think there is a lot more to these changes than just the general changes offered on here, there is more info in the link below, some of which isnt covered by the new general policies which means we allo need to read up on exactly how it affects our own individual businesses :o(

http://www.olswang.com/media/42025334/new_distance_selling_rules_in_force_from_june_2014.pdf