Homepage themes for March 2021 - find the list here

Hello! Here are the Homepage themes for March.

Favourite Things tag

We’re trying something new this month to make sure everyone has a chance to be featured. On Monday 15th March, the theme is ‘Favourite Things’ and this is your opportunity to choose ONE FAVOURITE piece from your shop. If you add the tag ‘favourite things’ to that item on Folksy, it will automatically show up in the theme and we’ll all be able to see the piece you are most proud of. This idea was suggested by @JewellerybyJulie and we’re hoping make it a regular feature, so please remember to remove the tag at the end of the month and only use it on ONE of your items.

To be included in the Theme of the Day:

Add the tag exactly as listed below to any items in your Folksy shop that fit the theme (you can separate tags with commas and they don’t need the # symbol).

The tags aren’t case sensitive, so it doesn’t matter if you use capital letters or lower case, but the actual words will need to match the tags given here - eg singular rather than plural, same spellings.

All items with the correct tag will be included in the Theme of the Day on Folksy.

The homepage shows a random selection of items from the them and this selection changes each time the page is refreshed or viewed.

If you click the ‘see more’ button on the Theme of the Day section on the homepage you’ll see all the items in the theme.

Please do make sure you only tag relevant items, otherwise the theme doesn’t work and is confusing for customers. (We understand that sometimes items are accidentally tagged incorrectly or tags are copied across from other listings, but if a shop repeatedly tags irrelevant items or we feel that they are intentionally abusing the feature, we may have to exclude them from that month’s theme and following months too :frowning:)

Day Theme Tag for sellers
Mon 1 Mar St David’s Day wales
Tue 2 Mar Gifts for Cat Mums cat
Wed 3 Mar Houseplants houseplant
Thu 4 Mar March Hares hare
Fri 5 Mar St Piran’s Day cornwall
Sat 6 Mar Mother’s Day Cards mothers day card
Sun 7 Mar Tulips tulip
Mon 8 Mar International Women’s Day feminist
Tue 9 Mar Fabulous Friends best friend
Wed 10 Mar Aquamarine aquamarine
Thu 11 Mar Travel Posters travel poster
Fri 12 Mar Bunnies bunny
Sat 13 Mar Spring spring
Sun 14 Mar Love and Tea tea
Mon 15 Mar Favourite Things favourite things
Tue 16 Mar Wood Grain wood grain
Wed 17 Mar St. Patrick’s Day irish
Thu 18 Mar Easter Decorations easter decoration
Fri 19 Mar Spring Green spring green
Sat 20 Mar World Frog Day frog
Sun 21 Mar Heritage Revival heritage
Mon 22 Mar Aromatherapy aromatherapy
Tue 23 Mar Easter Cards easter card
Wed 24 Mar Shiny Things shiny things
Thu 25 Mar Tolkien Day fantasy
Fri 26 Mar Coast coast
Sat 27 Mar Clocks Go Forward clock
Sun 28 Mar Lambs lamb
Mon 29 Mar Bamboo bamboo
Tue 30 Mar Home Cooked cooking
Wed 31 Mar Letterbox Gifts letterbox gift

14 Likes

Love the favourite things tag - what a great idea!

3 Likes

Wow!

Thank you. I’ll look forward to seeing everyone’s amazing work.

Julie Brown

Jewellery by Julie

3 Likes

These look great - thank you and they are mostly very specific, which is really helpful for sellers when deciding which of their items to tag!

There’s just one which might need a bit of context around it though, as I can foresee potential issues (for me definitely and possibly others). The theme ‘Heritage’ (just like today’s ‘Outdoors’ funnily enough) is potentially quite vast, as I think many sellers might justifiably feel they can tag pretty much all of their items as they will have been made using heritage/ craft skills. In which case it might be difficult for the customer to identify with what the theme is meant to be.

I’ve probably misunderstood what Heritage is supposed to mean though, so any advice would be helpful @folksycontent as I’m sure if I have misread this so will many others!!

Thank you, Quite a few fit for me this month😀

Love the idea of a favourite things tag - a great idea from @JewellerybyJulie

Great idea.

The favourite things is a brilliant idea.

I see what you mean Heidi. I was thinking of traditional heritage crafts, where, in the past, skills would have been handed down through generations and you would probably have learned through apprenticeships - crafts like trug making, basket weaving, cane chair making - but that are at risk of dying out. There is a list here if that helps - Categories of risk | Heritage Crafts Association

2 Likes

That helps, thank you!

Camilla, @folksycontent one of the themes for the day is ‘spring green’ but it isn’t being recognised as one of the authorized colours, so when it is added to the ‘colours’ section, that item isn’t being found. It is found if ‘spring green’ is in the description or tags. Aquamarine is being found if it is used in the ‘colours’ section. Please can you add spring green
Many thanks Suzzie xx

@thistledownandHOPE It doesn’t matter whether you select one of Folksy’s suggestions or it’s one you have to type in, both are included (as I mentioned in the other thread, not in the normal search bar, but they are for theme of the day).
You can see your items are included here - https://folksy.com/tags/spring_green

2 Likes