Themes of the Day for April 2021 - find all the tags here!

Hello! Here are the Homepage themes for April. Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions.

’My Favourite Piece’

We’d really love this idea to work, so we’re trying it again this month but with a specific tag to make it really clear that you should only use it on ONE of your items - so please add the tag ‘tag one thing only april’ to just ONE of your items as your favourite piece.

To be included in the Theme of the Day:

Add the tag exactly as listed below to any items in your Folksy shop that fit the theme (you can separate tags with commas and they don’t need the # symbol).

The tags aren’t case sensitive, so it doesn’t matter if you use capital letters or lower case, but the actual words will need to match the tags given here - eg singular rather than plural, the exact spelling. The theme will pick up items tagged with colours and materials too, so you don’t need to replicate these in your main 15 tags.

All items with the correct tag will be included in the Theme of the Day on Folksy. The homepage shows a random selection of items from the theme and this selection changes each time the page is refreshed or viewed. If you click the ‘see more’ button on the Theme of the Day section on the homepage you’ll see all the items in the theme.

Please do make sure you only tag relevant items, otherwise the theme doesn’t work and is confusing for customers.

Themes for APRIL 2021
Day Theme Tag for sellers
Thu 1 Apr Diamonds diamond
Fri 2 Apr Blossom blossom
Sat 3 Apr Tweed tweed
Sun 4 Apr Easter Egg Hunt easter egg
Mon 5 Apr April Showers rain
Tue 6 Apr Willow willow
Wed 7 Apr Stickers sticker
Thu 8 Apr Primroses primrose
Fri 9 Apr Stripes stripes
Sat 10 Apr Little Gifts little gift
Sun 11 Apr Wax Melts wax melts
Mon 12 Apr Caravaning caravan
Tue 13 Apr Cow Parsley cow parsley
Wed 14 Apr Garden Birds garden birds
Thu 15 Apr My Favourite Piece tag one thing only april
Fri 16 Apr Pastels pastel
Sat 17 Apr On The Table tableware
Sun 18 Apr Birch birch
Mon 19 Apr Fragrance fragrance
Tue 20 Apr Landscapes landscape
Wed 21 Apr Stationery stationery
Thu 22 Apr Earth Day nature
Fri 23 Apr St George’s Day dragon
Sat 24 Apr Make Your Own make your own
Sun 25 Apr Penguin Day penguin
Mon 26 Apr Yellow Orange yellow orange
Tue 27 Apr Garden Sculptures garden sculpture
Wed 28 Apr Jewellery Boxes jewellery box
Thu 29 Apr Balloons balloon
Fri 30 Apr Texture texture

9 Likes

Camilla or any seller’s opinion… One of my collections of unglazed ceramics is called Simple Earth. Can I include them on the Earth Day theme as they are made from clay dug from the earth, and are called Simple Earth? As the actual tag is ‘nature’, I’m not sure whether this fits in. @folksycontent

‘tag one thing only april’ is brilliant …! No excuse for misunderstandings.

4 Likes

Do we actually add all that? “Tag one thing only April”

@MadebyRhian That is the tag I have used - I do all my tagging before the beginning of the month. As we have only one item to tag in this theme, it doesn’t take much time to input those words once.

How actively will this be policed by the Folksy team @folksycontent ?

Is it possible? This month, the first theme of the day ‘month’ i have noticed - there have been raft of items from individual sellers tagged for theme of the day with no relevance what so ever.

If it cannot be monitored effectively then maybe it needs to be shelved until a fix can be made so that shops spamming tags are given a cool down or a ban from taking part.

To be blunt:
Those sellers with good will or who are honest will not be featured as they will be overridden by those spamming TOTD tags with impunity.

Good question - I assumed the tag was ‘April’ and the rest was just an instruction to only use it once. Maybe the tag is supposed to be the whole thing, but that would look weird to customers and use a lot of characters. @folksycontent can you clarify please? Thanks.

Hello, it’s the whole thing.

As per Camilla’s post: so please add the tag ‘tag one thing only april’ to just ONE of your items as your favourite piece.

:blush::blush:

I agree it won’t be useful for searches, as no customers will ever look anything up using that tag. But at least, on the day that tag is used, there should be less misunderstanding.

1 Like

I know, it just doesn’t make a lot of sense from the customers point of view, looking at a listing and seeing it on there as a tag. One thing’s for sure - no one could put all that on as a tag by accident :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Loving the ‘My Favourtie Piece’, brilliant!

We do have a system where we can block sellers from appearing in the theme of the day if we believe they are deliberately misusing it. When we see people mis-tagging items or receive reports of items being mis-tagged, we contact the seller first before removing them from the theme, as sometimes the tag as been copied over from another item by mistake. However, if we see it a lot from one seller or believe it’s been done intentionally we will block them, as it’s unfair for other sellers and also doesn’t work from a customer point of view.

1 Like

@MadebyRhian @JudyAdams @feelfeltfound - yes the tag to add is ‘tag one thing only april

The tag won’t show up on the Theme of the Day though - it will say My Favourite Piece.

3 Likes