House of Wolfgang on Folksy?!

I thought Folksy was for handmade items and so I was very surprised to see no less than three items pictured on the front page from an outlet named “House of Wolfgang”. One look at their products and it was obvious that they are mass produced and definately not handmade in any sense. A little bit of googling showed that they are, in fact, an Australian manufacturer of relatively cheap high street store jewellery who are making their first foray into selling to the UK market. I have no idea why they are selling on Folksy.
What do you think about this - are we now going the way of Etsy where anything touched by human hand can be labelled handmade?

2 Likes

I’d report them to folksy.

Definitely report them to Admin, everything on here is supposed to be handmade or supplies for handmade and all sellers should be based in UK

Just had a look at it and it seems the seller is based in the UK but just seems to be a reseller, I’ve looked at his ‘buying from me’ section and found this
House of Wolfgang- a high street brand that encapsulates everything unique and fashion forward. A brand that translates trends from the catwalk to the sidewalk. House of Wolfgang ensures a convenient and enjoyable shopping experience which can take place in the comfort of your own home or at your office
He obviously hasn’t read Folksy’s T&Cs (or doesn’t care!)

Definitely needs reporting! That’s not what I’d expect to see on Folksy.

Actually, I did report them to admin yesterday, but the goods are still for sale so there is little else I can do. I mean I have nothing against people making a living but there are plenty of other platforms available to advertise this kind of product on, eg Amazon or Ebay. Just don’t know why they would choose Folksy unless it’s to get people talking about them (ahha, conspiracy theory!).

1 Like

I wanted to have a look at this and realised I have no idea how to search for a shop on here by name! How do you do it? Am I being really silly? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hi Helen

At the top of the page is a search button, click on items and change it to shop. Now you can search by shop name :smiley:

or

https://folksy.com/shops/jbritto

2 Likes

No you are not. Acually I was just thinking about that the other day when I went to do the same thing and realised it’s not obvious how you search for a shop name. So, from the front page where it says Search, you need to click on “Items” and this will then change to “Shop” and then you just type in the name of the shop you want. Simples! when you know how (I only discovered this by mistake"!

1 Like

Thanks guys!! So simple when you know how! :smile:

Quite clearly not Handmade…they have 100 of everything in stock!

Well having 100 of everything just says it all really.
I couldn’t make anything exactly the same that many times.
I always re photo I’d it’s the same sort of thing.

I’ve reported it too, so hopefully it will catch Admin’s eye, like you I have nothing against people acting as selling agents for other companies but Folksy is here for people wanting to sell & buy handmade items or supplies for us to make items to sell.

1 Like

I think admin must have swung into action as I can’t find the shop

Go Admin :slight_smile: they are very good at sorting things if you flag it up to them.

6 Likes

I can’t find it now either.
Well done Admin!!!

x

1 Like

It just goes to show folky is getting known so this sort of thing will happen but if we report it admin will sort it. Admin won’t know about infringers unless someone see’s the infringer and flags it up for Admin to check out.

3 Likes

Yay - people power. Only now I feel a bit mean :confused:

I just had a look at the shop, and it’s gone. You have to admit @Folksyadmin act quickly once they’re told about something :slight_smile:

1 Like

You shouldn’t Angela, they didn’t belong on a handmade craft site. I’m sure they probably have shops on other sites, they should have read the t&c’s

1 Like

Thats why we love @folksycontent, for keeping it British, keeping it handmade, and keeping it unique.
Thank you
Suzzie x

3 Likes