How is work chosen to feature in gift guides? Some shops seem to have repeated exposure, with many similar versions of the same work. My work is never included, perhaps it is not considered good enough…Do any other shop owners ask the same question?
I see no reason why your work shouldn’t be included- it has just the sort of look that Folksy Admin like. I’m not complaining because I do sometimes have things included, but some people do seem to be featured a lot
Perhaps they just haven’t found you yet.
Hi Debbie! I too think it is odd as your items are lovely and well-photographed. Do you put your items in the showcase section? There are a few threads that relate to the Gift Guides. That might bring them to the attention of Folksy Admin.
Hi Debbie. You definitely have items in gift guides but we’ve just added some more too - your work is beautiful and your product shots are looking great too (I think you’ve changed how you photograph them recently, haven’t you?). You can see what’s been added and where to on your Shop Activity page https://folksy.com/profile/events/expanded
To answer your question, we use several ways to look for items for gift guides and favourites including:
- browsing tags on Folksy - so make sure you use all 15 tags for each item and choose them well. More advice here http://blog.folksy.com/2016/11/22/how-to-use-tags
- searching on Folksy - so make sure your titles and descriptions are good. Find out how to write a listing that gets seen in search results here http://blog.folksy.com/2017/02/23/how-search-works
- looking through new items from our favourite shops - we do this every day so if you list products regularly you’re more likely to get featured
- seeing what people are posting on Instagram and Twitter using our hashtags - read more about hashtags and the best ones for designers and makers here http://blog.folksy.com/2016/07/16/instagram-hashtags-craft-handmade
- browsing recently listed items and new sellers for new pieces/sellers to feature or add to gift guides
- searching for recommendations in our Gift Guide category on the forum https://talk.folksy.com/c/gift-guides
- if we’re running a promotion or making a new gift guide we usually put a call-out in our seller newsletter too so make sure you’re signed up for that and check it when it arrives in your inbox. You can sign up to it here http://folksy.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=3d1c6a149b4d82013b3fd0b15&id=f7fe6b0898
There’s more advice on how to get featured in gift guides, in our interviews, on social and in our favourites here too http://blog.folksy.com/2014/01/31/how-to-be-featured-on-folksy-product-photography-tips
It’s good to have a bullet-pointed list of how things are chosen. I haven’t had anything featured yet and wondered how to get things seen. I have noticed some shops seem to be featured a lot. Your shop is full of nice things and your photos are very clear and would suit the folksy gift guides really well.