How do you link Folksy with Royal Mail's Click & Drop

I am delighted that my knitting belts are selling well on Folksy, but wonder if it is possible to integrate my Folksy sales direct to Click & Drop to take advantage of their postage label printing service. Folksy does not appear on Click & Drop’s list of e-commerce linkables. Just now with lock-in I can hand my parcels to the postman (he is so kind!) but manually entering them into Click & Drop to pay for the postage and print a label is a pain. Trying to work out postage using ordinary postage stamps is so time consuming, and I’d rather not go to the Post Office to buy them anyway.

2 Likes

You can’t I’m afraid, quick tip on click and drop if you didn’t know you can copy and paste the name and the post code if you press the space bar you get a list of the addresses and can just select

1 Like

Am waiting also for a Click and Drop integration. It’s strange how Etsy which is mainly a US selling site can integrate and yet Folksy which is mainly British can’t. Maybe we could try social media to get our view across. They are certainly missing an opportunity with this. More people might sell and buy on Folksy if we didn’t have to worry how much time would be spent on sorting out the postage across several websites.

1 Like

The presence of the listing on Royal Mail’s integrated solution gives another check that no order has been missed and I find that very reassuring. It also means that I can charge all my postage to Paypal which then keeps a track of expenses without hassle, and everything in one place. It would give a more professional finish to my envelope to have FOLKSY mentioned on the label. Is Folksy’s support team reading this? What social media are you thinking of, @TheWonkyStitch .

1 Like

Hi all. Doesn’t really apply to me as all my items just use a large letter stamp & I’m quite happy to hand write addresses, however if you’d like to suggest a new feature on Folksy then there is a place to do that here:
https://folksy.uservoice.com/forums/117463-suggested-features/filters/top
If you come back here with your suggested feature then other sellers can vote for it, ideas with lots of votes can then be added to the admin’s list if it’s something they are able to implement.

With regards the dark side - it’s worth remembering that they are an enormous site compared to Folksy, & thus have the budget & staff to implement these sort of things as standard. So you may not get all the same features but you do get a really lovely supportive community (which seems to be the main reason people give for leaving them to come to here!) :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Hazel. We would love to offer Folksy sellers Click and Drop Integration and it is something we’ve been actively looking at for a while. At the moment Royal Mail only offer the service for a few partners - you can see the list here - but we are trying to speak to them to get it set up.

5 Likes

Hi Dee. I agree with you entirely. I also changed over from the dark side (took me ages to understand what that meant!!!) And since joining Folksy my sales are actually better; the Forums here - well there is no comparison really. Like you say, the support is amazing. Mind you. The Forums can be addictive. I think that I am hooked on them. Hà ha ha xxx SallyAnn :rofl:

2 Likes

I normally link through to print postage from the Paypal payment, so it’s only the Stripe ones where I need to copy and paste the details (didn’t see a way to print postage from Stripe). Hopefully Royal Mail will see the light and hook up Folksy soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would it help if we appealed to Royal Mail?

1 Like

Thanks Folksy. Is there anything that we makers can do to ask Royal Mail to join Folksy up to their Click and Drop plan?

1 Like

It’s been 2 years since this comment…any updates as i can see even smaller ( not on the high street) now had a royal mail integration.

I think it’s become expedient to have this as a top priority. It’s a service to both customers and sellers, less errors through manual transfter

3 Likes

If you’d like Click & Drop integration it would help to add your vote here: Add intergration for Folksy – Customer Feedback for Click and Drop

It’s not something that Folksy can set up alone, it has to be done together with Royal Mail, so it would help a lot if Royal Mail can see that there’s a lot of demand for this.

2 Likes

I use RM labels all the time. It’s just such an easy option and they now offer a pick up service. I’m not sure why people think it’s so difficult. It couldn’t be easier.

The issue is that folksy is not linked to RM click & drop, so you have to manually add the delivery address and manually dispatch the order and there’s no way to automatically send any tracking info to the buyer either. If folksy was linked to C&D it would be so much quicker and easier

1 Like

Yes, I suppose it would. I personally don’t find doing it via RM site and then emailing tracking number to customer that much hassle. I’m not sure why it’s taking Folksy so long to catch up with what’s needed to sell on line these days. They should have a buying app by now but don’t. I’m sure that would attract a lot more buyers as people generally tend to take the path of least resistance when purchasing on line. This is where Etsy has the edge. I do wish they’d catch up.

1 Like