How have your sales been for April 2023

Just make sure you are logged in though…if you aren’t logged in then they count, as the system does not know it is you.

2 Likes

Thank you Kim.
Might start to look at them more often.

Ditto @Bimblebird my last sale was in November and I’ve totally lost my mojo! Need to tidy my sewing room too, and I can’t muster any enthusiasm for that either. :unamused:

1 Like

I looked at stats and where it says item then source, how do i know which of those items were found direct or from pinterest etc. I can see 13 people viewed a knitted bunny from 2 years ago but is there a way of knowing which site they came from to view it…where did they find it. For example my pinterest only says 4 ,can you tell from those 4 which items they were looking at?

I don’t think so Debby. I often wonder the same as you. I have 3 views of old items, but only one visit from Pinterest so not sure where the other ones came from unless someone is looking at old posts on Facebook/Twitter and getting to the items from there.

1 Like

Yes it is strange isnt it,
Well thank you for your help Kim

1 Like

The stats to me are not as informative as the old ones, I felt it broke it down more.

Is there a way we can add Google analytics as that made more sense and the detail was good.

2 Likes

I have had no sales from my shop in April but at craft fairs I have had my best month so far for 3 years.
I wonder whether it is to do with the postage costs & the strikes.
For me if I am purchasing supplies I try to make a list & only buy when I have over the “free P+P” amount.

3 Likes

I have started google analytics and added lots of bears, dolls etc to my google account linked to Folksy but I will be honest that’s about all I have done. I believe that is all changing as well. i’ve never really paid attention to any stats but see a lot of posts on the Forum where they are mentioned so would like to look into them further, I was hoping I would be able to see which items (if any) people are interested in and viewing the most.

Thanks for the info i wondered wether or not it was based on price. I thought it would be quantity. X

1 Like

Just had 3 sales!

13 Likes

Brilliant Caroline

If the best sellers was based on qty it would be full of people who sell supplies and low priced items and people who sell higher priced items wouldn’t get a look in.

The total opposite of what we have now were people who sell lower priced items hardly ever make the list.

There’s no easy solution that would suit everyone. I’m sure customers aren’t really bothered with the best sellers list anyway, they will come to folksy (providing they know it exists!) and just search for what they’re looking for.

As for sales for April - 0 but we’re only 11 days in! My sales have slowed on the other side too but when people are struggling to pay their household bills it’s only to be expected.

7 Likes

I’ve made the best sellers list this morning (only just, number 39) after selling 4 items yesterday. On a personal level I’m obviously very pleased with that, but as my items are not very expensive, it shows that generally people aren’t spending much money.

8 Likes

Well done Amanda @plumporridge

2 Likes

I am relatively new to Folksy and in selling my pottery. My Folksy shop started in January and my 2 sales were people I know! I have done my first craft fair and did really well. It seems it is just a slow process to get your brand out there and to draw people into Folksy, which benefits all of us as people will then browse. Most people I speak to have not heard of Folksy which is a shame as I love the vibe of Folksy as a craft community. But I am positive that things will pick up. Early days. I definitely think craft fairs are good to be seen in person, network, dish out lots of business cards to draw people in. My biggest focus is to make enough ceramics to have plenty in my Folksy shop and stock for fairs.
Good luck everyone.

9 Likes

My April has so far showed a marked improvement and long may it continue. I do get a lot of repeat customer sales and of late they have made up the majority of my sales but I’ve had several brand new ones. I am hoping that the clock of invisibility which has hung over our shops for the last 6 months…ish is now starting to lift.
Fingers crossed…that it may long continue… and if this improvement is the result of Folksy support actions… Thank you.

4 Likes

Like reports on the UK economy this morning; no growth. I have never known it so bad. I am selling my knitwear for less than in 1991 when I had my own retail baby botigue shop! Genuine gemstones and genuine 925 sterling silver findings have sky rocketed in price since the pandemic! I am not willing to sell my jewellery at a huge loss! If you are selling gemstone jewellery just have a look at your regular supplier’s current price lists. Kernowcraft have just realised prices for their new flourite this morning, I nearly fainted at the cost per strand! Just hang on in there everyone, oldies like me have been through downturns and recessions many times during our craft lifetime.

7 Likes

I’m a bit disappointed too as have recently joined and mentioned my Folksy shop at fairs and FB but I don’t understand Instagram so haven’t ventured there. Do those of you making sales do Instagram and does it work to drive buyers to your shop? I left Etsy because it was so unwieldy, but at least they did some regular advertising and have local selling groups. I used to have shops with other online groups like Dawanda and one in the states, both of which subsequently closed. I think a lot of promotion on these sites ends up just being promoting ourselves to each other rather than the public at large. Anyone have any ideas what we might collectively try? there is an Etsy sellers destash event in a couple of weeks near here and I think I shall go along and see if I can get some pointers…

3 Likes

2 or 3 of my current biggest spending customers came from instagram.
Facebook was my only SM site for a long time and I did really well but sales slowed down around the time i joined Folksy then I joined instagram and although I don’t have a huge amount of customers on there the ones I have are very loyal ones. Definately worth joining and much easier than Facebook.

4 Likes