How to be original: #folksyhour chat tonight

After taking a short break for Easter, #folksyhour is back, and tonight’s theme is all about originality. It’s inspired by something Donna Wilson said on Woman’s Hour last week. Talking about her own business, she said: “You have to find your own handwriting. There’s no point in copying other people. You’ve got to find what’s unique to you.”

So how do you do that? Where do you find your inspiration, how do you come up with ideas, and how do you make sure you’re not copying someone else’s idea?

The questions we’ll be asking are:

• Where do you find your inspiration?
• Do you think you’ve found your own ‘handwriting’?
• How can you be sure you haven’t copied someone else’s idea?
• Do you always try to do something ‘new’ when designing a new piece?
• How important do you think it is to be original?

We’d love you to take part. If you’re new to Twitter or #FolksyHour and want to know how it works, you can find out more here.

Hopefully see you there - it starts at 8pm!

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

Sounds like a good one. Sadly I don’t think I’ll be there, I’m hoping be at our local election hustings (if there’s room).

Will the folksyhour ever be done on a different evening? I watch 3 hours of TV a week, and Tuesdays 8 - 9 is one of those hours (Holby!) - and no, I don’t watch anything on catchup, or record anything to watch later lol!

But I’m sure there are others who do regular things in this particular time slot too - would it be possible to vary it with other evenings occasionally?

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.