After taking a short break for Easter, #folksyhour is back, and tonight’s theme is all about originality. It’s inspired by something Donna Wilson said on Woman’s Hour last week. Talking about her own business, she said: “You have to find your own handwriting. There’s no point in copying other people. You’ve got to find what’s unique to you.”
So how do you do that? Where do you find your inspiration, how do you come up with ideas, and how do you make sure you’re not copying someone else’s idea?
The questions we’ll be asking are:
• Where do you find your inspiration?
• Do you think you’ve found your own ‘handwriting’?
• How can you be sure you haven’t copied someone else’s idea?
• Do you always try to do something ‘new’ when designing a new piece?
• How important do you think it is to be original?
We’d love you to take part. If you’re new to Twitter or #FolksyHour and want to know how it works, you can find out more here.
Hopefully see you there - it starts at 8pm!