How to get traffic to your Folksy shop

Hi Joy
Yes there you are and I have also searched for some of my items and folksy is high on the listing . I also only sell on this site
Well spoken
Mel

4 Likes

Thatā€™s nice to hear, Joy, but youā€™re in the minority, sadly.

My folksy shop also does well on google, so feel really pleased.

2 Likes

Is it bad that I have never checked Google to find my shop.
Might give it ago. Eek

I googled my shop name and that is 7th from the top. But I canā€™t find any of the items I have tried to find.
I might be doing something wrong

1 Like

Yes my Folksy shop comes high on google search too, I have a shop on Eā€¦ but always sell much more here on Folksy.

2 Likes

Thanks Camilla,

Thatā€™s reassuring that my products can be found through more specific searches, maybe I need to add some more general tags to my products to help them get found within the Folksy website as I guess most people shopping donā€™t know exactly what they are looking for until they see it.

I think approaching bloggers and magazines is a great idea and Iā€™m in the process of photographing some of the processes I use to make my pieces to emphasise the work thatā€™s invloved making each piece as this is almost as interesting as the jewellery itself!

Could you recommend any bloggers to contact or how I would go about finding the right people? Is twitter a good place to start?

Thanks again for your help and support, Hollie x

Thanks Julia. Just had a try and nearly got there but the link doesnā€™t seem to work when I click on it so will have another go tomorrow!!! Thanks for taking the time to write this all out!! xx

Hi,

Trying to do these things came really eat up the time canā€™t they?

If you sign into Woodbox.com ā€¦ I sign in using my Facebook account and edit your ā€˜static tabsā€™ youā€™ll see the one you were working on and make sure that the code is in the HTML part. I found that using the ā€˜URLā€™, or the Redirect parts of setting up the tab didnā€™t work for me either. The code needs to go into the HTML part and then it worked.

I also found that if you use this piece of code ā€œFolksy Shopā€ (without the speech marks and with your shop name ) it actually opens a new screen which is probably better as your Facebook page remains on your prospective customers desk top.

Good luck with it.

Julia

I think I did put the code in the wrong section!! I will give it another go, Iā€™ve reached the point where I have tried to do this so many times I canā€™t admit defeat anymore!!! Even if it takes me to the next millennium!!! I donā€™t suppose anyone will ever use the button but I just HAVE to do it now!!:grimacing:

We sound alike ā€¦ I canā€™t bear not being able to make something work when someone else has done itā€¦

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I am delighted to see that others are also able to easily find their shops via Google. Excellent news, we are obviously doing our Folksy thing right :slight_smile:
@TheRibbonQuarter @bluebellwoodturning @dawnsneesbyjewellery @hobbitgirlie1880

3 Likes

More Tea, Vicar? and More Tea, Vicar? Knitwear both show my Folksy shop on page 1 of Google :relaxed:

x

3 Likes

If I Google Pocketful Creations, my Folksy shop comes top of the search. However, I struggle a lot more to be seen when it comes to my items. If I search ā€œowl tote bagā€, the dark side and some very well-known selling platforms top the list and, after trawling through 8 pages, I gave up trying to find anything relating to my shop. If I search ā€œowl appliqued tote bagā€, I appear 7th on the list but, realistically, how many buyers are likely to use that search term? Iā€™m not sure whether Iā€™m just not very good at getting the right key words into my titles and descriptions or whether thereā€™s just so much competition in the textiles arena that itā€™s virtually impossible to be seen. Any advice from those of you that have cracked this problem would be very much appreciated.

1 Like

The best way to get yourself findable on Google is to post the links to your Folksy listing onto Craftjuice and join the Craftjuice thread on here.
I did it with everything I posted on here for about 2 years and my shop and glass is now very easy to find. I donā€™t often do it now as I no longer need to but it is an excellent promotion tool, freely available.

4 Likes

Just joined craftjuice - fingers crossed it spreads the word :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Joy. Iā€™ll have to look into Craftjuice. I really struggle finding time to promote as I work full time and have to cram all my making and promoting into my spare time. Itā€™s hard to get the balance right. If only I could give up my job! :smile:

1 Like

Youā€™ve just reminded me to start using Craftjuice again Joy, I joined not long after setting up shop but tend to have phases of using it religiously then I get a period of being short on time so forget to add new listings on there must try to do better as my views (on here and facebook) are getting fewer :worried:

2 Likes