Poor Sales

Hi Everyone,

I have been only Folksy for a while, but I have only made 4 sales.
I have a Facebook page with over 6000 likes but those likes are not turning into sales.
I have a link on my Facebook page to my Folksy shop but it hasn’t made any difference, any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Pam

I would try putting bangle/bracelet/necklace as your first word in your titles and try to think of what someone would put into a search box to find your items.

I would try to use more tags try some two word and three word tags as well as single word tags.

Also you need to promote more than just using facebook.

Where esle are you promoting your individuals listings?

Don’t forget to fill in your meet the maker bit

How long have you been on folksy? As it takes months to really get going.

As you have so many Facebook likes have you thought about promoting your page on there? I personally have no luck with Facebook but some do well. It maybe worth a try?

Thanks for the advice. I will give that ago,

Pam

I get a lot of sales via facebook. What’s your page? I’ll pop over and have a quick look, see if there’s anything obvious that you can do.

Every time I add a new post I always have a link to my shop, but it doesn’t seem to have made a difference.
:confused:

Pam

What’s your reach on each post?

1 Like

I was going to suggest that you put the word Pendant as the first not the last word in your titles but see someone has already suggested that.

Re your Facebook posts.
The best way to do them is Not to include the Folksy link in the main post.
Facebook will limit your views if you do.

Instead put a bit of text and a directly loaded photo (not the link from Folksy).
Never use any commercial words in the text - sale order shop price etc
Add the link to the Folksy listing in the comment.

This can make a huge difference to your views.

And of course you could try some British Craters promotion - a brilliant way to get your shop and lovely things seen out there.

eeer British Crafters

2 Likes

Thanks Joy - British Crafters not Craters @pamcodner if you are looking us up :smile:

3 Likes

I watched a webinar the other night on getting more online sales and he was basically saying it doesnt matter if you have 60 likes or 6 million likes on facebook, it what those likers are, if they are just friends and family they are likely to get a bit bored of your posts, if its people you have just begged to like your page in return for liking theirs, the likelyhood is they dont give two hoots about your stuff.
So the genuine people who are actually interested in what you might have to sell is quite small.
You, like me, make jewellery and we are in a very saturated market, which makes our job harder, you gotta just keep pushing & pushing and getting it out there. I personally dont just rely on folksy and facebook (incidentally I hate facebook and all it stands for but I keep using it cos thats what we have to do!), I have 2 websites and the other well known site like folksy, as well as selling at events 2 or 3 times a week and anyone who is interested in the jewellery (whether they buy or not) go away with business cards and that is where the majority of my online sales come from.
So it really depends on how much you want to get out of it and how much you are prepared to put into it.
Folksy is definitely the long game, be patient.

3 Likes

You also need to fill in your Meet the Maker section. It helps people to get a feel of who you are. I’m sure sales will come as you have some lovely pieces, like your chain maille .

3 Likes

Hi Stephanie,

My current post reach is 1,286

Pam

Thanks to everyone who replied, your advice is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Pam

Pam

My current reach is 3309 and I only have 1731 followers so I must be doing something right. Do take a look at my suggestion for Not including the links in the actual post - if makes a really good difference.
I see you haven’t yet changed the titles as suggested so the key word is first rather than last. I really would advise you rework your titles on here.

Also how about a link on your Facebook page to your shop rather than just in indvidual listings and
last but not least try Craftjuice - a great way to get yourself googleable but you need to redo your titles first.

Joy xx

1 Like

Different things work for different people, but I have found Pinterest is working particularly well at the moment.
Facebook plateaued for me a few years ago, and consequently I am quite lazy about promoting on the Facebook platform, but Pinterest has brought in commissions and orders, both here and on Etsy, mainly from the US.

As a buyer, I have discovered some fabulous shops through Instagram.

Sarah x

2 Likes

@JOYSofGLASS have just read your post regarding not putting a link in your post on Facebook. Do you add a link in a separate post? Have just started my Facebook page so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Natasha x

Post your comments when on your facebook business page then right underneath there is a 'Comment’s box post your item link into that box.

hope that helps

1 Like

Hi I do this - and find it far more effective than putting the link in the initial post. I also wait a minute or two until the preview pops up and then remove that as I already uploaded the photo directly to the main post.

Thank you @EileensCraftStudio and @JOYSofGLASS will try this next time I post.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try adding the links in the comment bit as well