Folksy Ltd

I Did Another Peek Test Yesterday

(Pauline Hayward) #1

Has anyone done one recently of their shop. I know there was a thread about this in the old forums and I did it then and I’ve just done another one. It got quite a good review except the person that did it couldn’t read properly. He didn’t know how to pronounce Polystyrene and he also thought that my Halloween Pumpkin was a Orange witch and that it was a bouncy ball. He didn’t even understand the currency. All in all it wasn’t that bad a review. If anyone wants to have a go here is the link. www.peek.usertesting.com

(Eileens Craft Studio) #2

I’ve had two done one stopped halfway through

But since then I’ve keep getting spamming emailing from them.

I found the first one ok the second was more entertaining ie funny as the guy didn’t have a clue.

I have wondered if I should do another one

(Eileens Craft Studio) #3

oh I notice you can have it done from a mobile device as well to see if those using mobile devices can see our folksy shops as well.

I will do that one

(Pauline Hayward) #4

I’ve not had any spam emails from after I did my first one which is a while ago now. This is the first that came through yesterday so I thought there was no harm in trying again.

(Claire Davis) #5

I’ve had loads of spam emails from them after having the first one done. I ought to get another one really, although the first one was ok.

(Pauline Hayward) #6

Now that I said I didn’t I’ll probably go and get loads now.

(Pauline Hayward) #7

It seems the link I gave earlier doesn’t work, not sure why but I’m sure some of you know the site I mean.

(Karen Ellam) #8

I do get the odd email from them advertising the user tests and related packages. I haven’t done another one since joining quite a while ago.
I really enjoyed listening to the chaps feedback, and I even adjusted the areas he pin pointed. So it would be interesting to try it again a few months on :slight_smile:

Karen :slight_smile:

(Eileens Craft Studio) #9

Oh dear the Indian gentleman was very confused he linked out of my shop to see what Folksy was and clicked on Selling on Folksy

Couldn’t find his way back to my shop.

Found Folksy main front page and found it very confusing and jumbled and said it reminded him of ebay.

Clicked onto the forums and said yes another ebay type site.

Said it was confused but not to frustrating but liked the idea of a place for different artists to sell.

Just goes to show that someone new to the site who finds your shop can be easily lost and taken away from your shop and not know how to get back to your shop.

I think because we use Folky all the time we expect first time users to know how to navigate the site and this is the second time I’ve had this kind of review. Where they’ve clicked off my shop to find out what Folksy is than get completely lost.

I realized I’d not ask for one done on a mobile device so I’ll do that next

(Pauline Hayward) #10

I’ve done a few adjustments to the one on my website but not on here because there wasn’t much I could actually change. I’m just about to do another one for my website to see if its any better.

(Birdandmonkey) #11

I’ve never heard of this before, I can’t get the link to work so I’m off to Google it.

(Juniper Spools) #12

I had a go - it is very interesting listening to the views of someone who has never visited Folsky before.

One thing I did notice was that the lady clicked on my iphone case and then clicked on the iphones link (next to the pin, under designed by info) which instantly took her out of my shop. All that hard work to get people to your shop and then they click on a link in our own shops which takes them out of our shop.

(Eileens Craft Studio) #13

This is indeed worrying as those links are the things we ourselves last looked at. So when we’ve been looking in other peoples shops it will show their items not more of our own and yes someone clicking on them will take them away from our own shop.
Sian@Sianfolksy needs to see this thread and maybe they need to see some of the results of these ‘peek’ tests as they can be very telling.

(Sian ) #14

Hi Eileen and @JuniperSpools

We regularly do our own usertesting of Folksy and make changes accordingly. However, if you spot something that you think we should consider changing, could you please add it as an idea in Suggested Features? This allows us to keep everything in one place, gauge popularity and review it as a team.

https://folksy.uservoice.com/forums/117463-suggested-features

( Carol ) #15

Well, I had never hard of this till I read it here so I run a test and all she kept saying were things like:

I think it’s Etsy for London

Yeah it’s definitely trying to be Etsy

We have Etsy here in America, this looks like the same kind of thing

Hmmm…

(Eileens Craft Studio) #16

Yep 2 things front page a bit to cluttered and confusing for someone who finds the folksy front page for the first time.
We are all used to it now but first timers are not.

We really don’t want what we as individuals have been looking at showing up on our own shop front page so others can see and click on those items and leave our shop.

Could we possibly hide that from customers please as that is our browsing history.

(Eileens Craft Studio) #17

Just had one of the mobile apps one done and the guy reviewed the whole of Folksy after saying my shop was clean, clear, bright, good colours with lots of choice.

But he thought he had to sign up to buy and tried to sign up but got confused as it was asking for a password. He didn’t seem to see the ‘register’ bit. I think he liked it and would like to come again but wasn’t sure if we sold to customers outside the UK.

Right at the end he said something about this might be a good site for his sister in the UK.

(Diane Mc Kechnie) #18

I had a peek review done yesterday Hmm! Had one done a while back and it was very complimentary.
well this lady looked at my site and read out my shop name and said this sounds like an old lady that makes cards. So went off her rather quickly! Then she said my banner was wishy washy and didnt match the coloured part that goes along the top of your cards? Well sorry Mrs PITA but I didnt put it there it was Folksy.
Then she decided to click on talk folksy and she lost me so continued rambling on about the Folksy site, Nothing positive at all!

So I decided to have a peek review on my other site, again last time it was very good.

1st person was a man from usa and complained that it was in sterling and not dollars and maybe I should put dollars as well. Does he not know there is an option to change to the correct currency Then he stopped .So then a lady from the usa gave me a review . She complained that she couldnt see the decoupage 3D effect on my cards. I was trying to tell her through my computer that if she clicked on my other photos she would see it! Then she said my cards were all over the place and I would be better arranging them into sections . By this time I I was shouting at her if you look at the side there are shop sections! Then she clicked on a money/gift wallet and said she couldn’t imagine me selling any of those ,she certainly wouldnt buy it , she would just give them the money. What a pain! Anyway didnt take it seriously and she did say I must be doing something right as my reviews were excellent and I had many sales

(Eileens Craft Studio) #19

I did one two days ago but couldn’t hear a thing I think they forgot to set the sound so I’ve asked for another one.

(Diane Mc Kechnie) #20

yes the man was hard to hear too