I Like the Purple Gift Guide Button!

I also like the purple button better.
Perhaps someone can give us some guidelines on how to get in the gift guides. It seems to be the photo that’s the clue I think.
Ellie x

It’s much better, far more subtle, thank you Folksy for listening!

Definitely better, thanks. Liz.

The only thing I’d add (having had a day to think about it!), is that it would be lovely if, as well as the purple “Gift Guides” button, there could be something that also gave a clear guide back into the Shop connected to the listing that the customer is currently browsing? It isn’t necessarily clear, until you’ve messed around a bit, that clicking on the shop name would take you back to the main shop page. It would be nice to have something of similar size and appeal, that would make it very obvious. Could that happen, please?

3 Likes

Maybe the Gift Guide button could be programmed as Open in New Window - that would leave the original listing page open as well ?

1 Like

That’s a good idea, though I would still like to see a very obvious button (or something!) to guide buyers back to a Shop’s Main page, when they are browsing one of the listings.
It’s easier to click the “FOLKSY” logo, or the new purple “Gift Guides” buttons, because they are obvious. Clicking on small blue text - shop name - is not an obvious way to access that shop. There is also blue writing - far more of it - that takes a potential buyer back to Folksy itself, via the category classifications of the listing they are viewing.

It is really not clear that clicking the Shop Name will take a customer to the Shop’s main page.

Perhaps the exisiting text that shows how many items are in the shop, along with some little thumbnails, could be made into a coloured button - something like “See More in This Shop”? @sianfolksy would this be something that could be done fairly easily, as the functionality is already there, but would need “spiffing up” with the button?

Lizzie

3 Likes

I have actually added ‘click here to view my shop’ after my shop name in the shop appearance settings. This then shows after my shop name in the little box when they are viewing an item, so hopefully makes it clearer how to get to my shops main page. Trouble is it will also show on your main page if you have it set to show there…which would look a little silly.

3 Likes

How Clever! (why didn’t I think of that?!)

:smile:

Edit - I’ve now done too. Then realised I have to unclick the button further down for show name in shop banner - as it looked very odd as a message there!
xx

Brilliant idea!
Just done it in our shop.

What a great idea! I’ve just done it. Thank you.

Thank you! I have now done this, I love popping into the forums there is always something new to learn!!
Rosalind x

1 Like

No worries! Glad to help…

Kim x

2 Likes

There are gift guides created by shops…how are these shops selected? Are these lists created on Pinterest?

It would be a good idea for Folksy to find a way to open a new window instead of viewers being directed somewhere else. On the front page if I click on FB tab, for instance, I leave Folksy site and now I’m browsing on FB. Is this possible to do?

If you right click on any Link button and then select open in new window that is just what it does, leaving your original window open as well as the new one.
Joy xx

Someone mentioned that the purple button was being picked up where it shouldn’t be.
I was just sharing my latest listing on Facebook with the link in the comment as usual. Before I removed the preview (not needed as I put the picture directly into the post) it gave me a purple button preview of the gift guides instead of my Rainbow Flower.
@sianfolksy you can see it here (not now on my FB page as I’ve removed it)

Sorry but that is just not on !

@technogoggles @dougfolksy could you please look at this?

Argh, okay that’s a styling bug. Sorry about that!
Will have an investigate.

1 Like

Thanks Doug. I’m all for the gift guides but not on my own personal promotion ! :slight_smile: :smile: