I'm a Newbie

I’ve been very tempted by that chicken.
Might need to buy it for my next door neighbour.

Anyone know an easy way to tell someone that the chicken they’ve been chicken sitting for the last 36 hours appears to be…

DEAD :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Anyone got any tasteful :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Dead chicken jokes I can share with him via email to get him in the right frame of mind :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to Folksy, Jan. I love your family black sheep plaque! :smile:

@JOYSofGLASS How about the monty python dead parrot sketch but change ‘parrot’ to ‘chicken’? Or send him a photo of a roast chicken with the caption ‘we need to talk…’

Thanks Sasha. It was looking a bit ‘off’ this morning and even yesterday. I kindly offered it a mini corn cob over the fence and it wasn’t really interested. Now it’s got its head down and I’m waiting for it to stop raining so my husband can go next door to give it a nudge.

It’s a useless as a chicken anyway - eggless…

I think the Monty Python might be best but not sure Bob is up to holding it on his shoulder while I film !!!

If it really is dead then it won’t mind if you duct tape it to Bob’s shoulder, should go stiff enough to hold itself up (Bob might object but hey ho can’t win them all).
Since its deadness is in question how about the monty python ‘bring out your dead’ scene from Holy Grail (I think, internet should find it anyway)? Its the one with the man collecting bodies on a cart and some one trying to off load a non dead body on him.

1 Like

I’ve just been back to the fence and following a heavy downpour it is now quite clear that the chicken lying soaking wet on its side is definitely no more. Bob says its too wet even for duck tape,

Just sent Chris a note to say “How fond are you of your chicken”. Thought it was a subtle way of breaking it to him !

Thanks for your help :slight_smile: :). Glad we’re not having chicken for tea as it would be too tempting to post a photo of it on my Facebook page !

:smile:oh my gooness Joy … thats not good ! don’t envy you that task … perhaps you could give him some eggs to “break” it to him gently :blush:

welcome to folksy and well done on your first sale…lovely shop

1 Like

Thank you Helen - your shop is sooo pretty :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always happy to help out with any dead/ potentially dead chicken scenarios that people might have (not a sentence you get to type everyday). When’s the neighbour back? I only ask because when I was a teen my parents ended up goldfish sitting for our neighbours, Jaws (the big fancy tailed orangey one) died so my dad put him in the freezer to keep him fresh (!!!) until they got back in case they wanted to bury him. I think I might be mentally scarred by unexpectedly finding a goldfish popcicle…

He took it well. In fact he apologised for forgetting to warn me she had been rather quiet. Totally silent now !

Ha ha :smile:

I was thinking of the dead parrot sketch as well hahaa!!! But its very sad that the chicken did on you :frowning: I hope it didn’t have a name which made it a pet!!! Good luck with it :wink: x

1 Like

Awe…you were worried for nothing then :wink: x

1 Like

I’m hoping I’m doing this right as I’m finding this forum layout a bit confusing. I initially opened my shop way back in May but then left it and then really spent sometime sorting it out in August, once I had got my new website www.gillisflowers.co.uk up and running.
I make jewellery that I really can say is different as I use paper and origami to create my designs. Before you ask everything is varnished to make it strong and water resistant. Although I sell well at markets organised by a couple of groups local to me, I am finding it hard to get going with sales on line, probably because the idea of origami jewellery is strange.
I work part-time, but unfortunately I am limited in how many markets I can sell directly at as I am disabled, and have to be careful not to take on too much as I can get tired very easily and also due the pain these result in. It also means I have to ration out my time in terms of my focus, designing, making, promoting on line.

I’m making good use of instagram at present as I can post there and then share to my Facebook page and twitter accounts easily.

Any tips on how to get noticed will be great, it doesn’t help that I didn’t take full opportunity of the site earlier.
Easy to find any of my accounts as everything is called Gilli’s flowers tnough usually without the apostrophe.

Hi Gilli and welcome :smile: I am a newbie too and trying to find my way around the forum :wink: Just had a look at your work and its lovely…really unusual! I wish you all the best my lovely x

Welome to Folksy @Gilliyflower. Your shop is lovely - really unusual.

You sound like you’re promoting on social media which is a must to get your name out there. You’re also using your tags in your listings which will help you get picked up in searches within Folksy. I’d advise spending some time on the Forum getting to grips with it and joining in with some of the promotional threads on here. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. The only other thing I’d say is to be aware that Folksy always crops your main listing photo to square, so a couple of your pics have the edges of the items missing. It’s a good idea to crop your main photo to square before you load it for listing. That way you’ll know exactly what it’s going to look like on the page.

Good luck with your new Folksy adventure.