Invitation to Crafters in and around Northampton - Free stalls at our Art Festival

Hi, all you lovely creative people,

I represent my village’s annual Alderton Art Festival, held for the last 37 years in our churchyard. The festival this year will be on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th September 2015. We usually have over 200 original paintings by local artists displayed in our church, attracting large numbers of art orientated visitors.

In 2015 we are expanding the scope of our Festival to include crafts of all kinds, so we are looking for crafters to display their wares at the festival, do demonstrations or run workshops.

To get the ball rolling we are offering crafters a free stand (bring your own set up) and ask only for a donation of your choice.

We advertise our festival on social media, through posters and leaflet drops, in local newspapers, on local radio and television where possible, as well as highlighting our exhibitors on our website and Facebook page.

Please visit our website http://www.aldertonartfestival.co.uk/ and like our Facebook page.

Please do let me know if you find this an exciting idea and would like to be there in September!

Best handmade wishes,
Claire Williams
Alderton Art Festival Committee

claire@aldertonartfestival.co.uk

St Margaret’s Church
Alderton
Northampton
NN12 7LN

1 Like

Hi Claire @clairewilliams2

Oh what a shame - I live in Northampton, but will be away that weekend so won’t be able to come along.

Sounds like a great event, I hope you get lots of crafters taking up your offer of a stall

Sue

Hi Sue,

Thanks for letting me know.

All is not lost though, we also offer an opportunity to display and publicise your work. In return for donating one of your items (however small) to our raffle we will display it on our raffle stand for all our visitors to see, together with your promotional material that they can take away with them. In addition, we will feature your item and links to you on our website. I hope that idea appeals to you, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Claire

1 Like

I live North of Bedford and have family in Northampton. Bookmarking this post - will look at the dates and have a good think. Thank you for the invitation!

Lizzie