Is Facebook over?

My Clarkie Designs posts have reached an all time low. Now even my friends hardly see them. My personal feed is full of everything BUT my friends. Is it time to start putting my effort into Instagram and Pinterest? I would love to know if anyone making Facebook work for their shop?! I think it might be time to move on!

It did work, but like you I am missing posts, even from my friends and family and there seems to be a lot more ‘sponsored posts’ or ‘suggested posts’ or other such rubbish appearing in my feed. Saying that, it is still responsible for a large share of my visitors…mainly from groups I belong to, although less than it used to. My reach is less than half what it was before the recent changes.

1 Like

I’ve seen a bit of a drop in reach since the changes to the FB algorithm were made but interaction (likes etc) seem to be the same or up a bit so the people I’m reaching are the right ones. Looking back at the stats pinterest generates the same or a bit more traffic than FB but the FB traffic tends to be more immediate and in response the new item I’ve just posted about whilst the pinterest traffic tends to be about more historic items that have now sold out (that might not be an issue for you depending on how often you retire a particular design or if you keep making them indefinately). I don’t do instagram so I can’t do a similar analysis.
Not sure what the fall out from the whole Cambridge Analytica thing is going to be and how that is going to affect FB.

I wasn’t able to post on my Instagram account very much this week and saw a massive drop in views from mobile phones. I’m assuming this was Instagram, as I can’t really see from my stats where some of the mobile views come from. I agree with Sasha about FB and Pinterest. FB traffic seems to generate more sales for me, even though my reach is much lower than it was.

Sam x

It’s really interesting. I have just been on my personal page to leave a few groups as I’d like it to be more about friends than networking. I feel like I am seeing MORE business posts but I am wondering if they are people who are paying?

I do Pinterest (and facebook) the thing that puzzles me with Pinterest is that there doesn’t seem to be any way to link back to my shop. I have often seen things on Pinterest and clicked the picture but it didn’t take me anywhere.I just seems to act like a portfolio…am I missing something?

Oddly, Facebook doesn’t work for me, so it’s no great loss. I get much more interest from Instagram. Could never figure out Fb! I am also able to send sales to my website easier, as I’m in proper conversation with my customers on IG. It’s so much easier for me

2 Likes

If you add an item from your shop directly to a Pinboard then it links back to that item in your shop. I have a board called Folksy All My Own Work for that purpose. If the item is sold it still comes back to the listing in your shop saying then it is unavailable, hopefully whoever is looking at it will look for alternatives in your shop. Hope that makes sense and is helpful Brenda.

Gill x

2 Likes