Is this a new way to get traffic to your Folksy shop?

I’m glad you got to grips with it Pauline : )
They seem to be promoting a lot. They have just shared one of my items on Facebook. It can’t hurt can it!!
Emma

1 Like

This is odd, I put three items on yesterday and one’s vanished overnight! Maybe it’s behind the sofa…

And now I can’t put new images on at all! Bother! This site still has some teething troubles. Mind you, top marks to their support team I’d put on url’s that didn’t work (doh!) and they let me know today, so I’ve got that sorted. I’ll definitely be sticking with them… :smile:

2 Likes

This does look interesting but there doesn’t seem to be a navigation so not sure what would happen when many more items are listed. The company address is a mailing drop off address, but it would be good to know a bit more about the people behind it. I’d be interested to hear about people’s experience of it in the future.

I’m having the same problem images not loading to day.

Hello everyone,
this thread was very helpful for us to knowing better which problems
existed. Thank you all for that.

We are apologising for any glitches you encountered during the past few days.
As a brand new platform (we’re on air for just 10 days or so) we had some
rather unexpected… surprises of how our platform reacted on heavy traffic.

I’d like to inform you that yesterday we upgraded our servers and most of these
problems are solved (white pages, errors etc.). As for a few bugs left behind
we’re working on fixing them as well.

I wouldn’t want to use this forum to promote our platform but since some questions had arisen I’d say only that Picklist.me is a marketing-driven platform which works complementary to some marketplaces and aspires to become a useful tool that could help creative people like you to spend your time, efforts and talents on creating more by spending less time on promoting; we’re constantly working on developing and shipping new features to achieve this goal.

Fyi, you may find useful our help page (Q&A) here: [http://picklist.me/help/][1] in order to
learn more about our platform (including who we are and why we do it!).

Again, thank you all for sharing your experiences and for using our platform to showcase your work.
-Nasos Gavalas, CEO and co-founder at Picklist.me-
[1]: http://picklist.me/help/

2 Likes

I tried to sign up but when it comes to confirming the registration it says I’m not registered. I might have a look again later if I get a few minutes - looks interesting though.

Heather

OK so I’ve managed to log in now and to add some items without too much trouble. Not sure what I’m supposed to do with it now though!

ok I still can’t up load photo’s. Problem started yesterday and is still doing the same thing.

I click the + for adding photos it lets me click the one I want from my laptop does the blue line of loading then that’s it just goes back asking me to upload a photo. It’s stuck in some kind of loop and won’t go to the next step.

Anyone else having this problem?

I’ve just emailed them about it.

Unfortunately Eileen I can’t check because all my photo’s are on my laptop and I’m not at home at the moment, otherwise I would try to load more into mine and let you know.
Hope it gets sorted soon.

Pauline

I got through that stage fine @EileensCraftStudio - I can’t ever log in though without resetting my password as it says I’m an unregistered user or something until I follow the password reset link from my email. I have had a spike in views in my shop yesterday though, but can’t see that they’re all coming from picklist as there don’t seems to be many clicks on my pictures there, so who knows! Hope you get better results soon x

I’ve managed to load a few thing this morning. I’m not going to the paid pro account once the 30 days runs out as it’s $36. I’m not sure how much that is at the current exchange rate as I don’t deal in other currencies anymore.

I tried searching for different items on there but I think it’s still very young so not much other than our items are uploaded to it yet.

If I start getting sales from it I might reconsider but for now it’s worth giving it a try

1 Like

I haven’t had any sales from it yet and I’m not really seeing any difference in visits to my shop, so like you unless I get a sudden rush then I don’t think I’ll be paying for Pro account.
$36 is about £22 for the year.

I couldn’t find the price per year anywhere - but then I couldn’t find anything else on there anyway! Lots of ‘page unavailable’ etc. so I gave up again. Thanks.

I think its right at the bottom of the front page.
Where it says upgrade to Pro.

Pauline

I’ve shared your Picklist with a link to your Folksy shop, on my FB page. Hope it gets you some visits.

Pauline

Will anybody be paying after the trial? Looking at my google analytics, it hasn’t created any views to my Folksy shop.

Carol x

1 Like

I don’t think so right this minute. It hasn’t really generated any sales for me either.

Pauline

I’ve had some views but most of my rise in views are coming everything I put something onto Wanelo

Just had an email about my picklist free trial which is about to run out and if I want to upgrade before it does. Has anyone else had their reminders and if so have any of you upgraded. Its not generated any sales but $36 isn’t a lot to pay out for a year. Not sure what to do.
Any feedback would be nice.

Pauline