Is this a new way to get traffic to your Folksy shop?

Hello,

Has anyone else heard of, or is anyone else using…

http://picklist.me/

They say that you can list your items for free (for a month), that they don’t take commission and that they just redirect people wanting to buy your items straight to Folksy.

It looks good but is it too good to be true? I’ve started listing a few items so I’ll be interested to see if I get any more traffic to my Folksy shop in the next month.

I’ve not been on the forums for the last week or so, sorry if this conversation has already been had!!

What are your thoughts?

Emma : )

I tried it and signed up but couldn’t get past the ‘try now’ button, Not sure why and not sure what happens after the 30 days. Still, I’ll have another go tomorrow perhaps.

Rebecca

1 Like

I read that there might be glitches in the software as I think it’s quite new. I’ve managed to list so maybe you will be ok next time? I’m always a bit suspicious of things like this but it looks ok… I think??

Yes, I think your right. It nearly drove me mad last night but I might have another go just out of stubborness more than anything!
I think after a month if you don’t start paying then they downgrade you so I’m guessing no link to but in your ad?

1 Like

I’ve just tried to join and when I press submit it keep saying my password isn’t confirmed.

Pauline

I must be lucky as I’ve listed quite easily without problems, just luck of the draw I guess? Hopefully they will sort the teething problems out soon.

There is a feedback tab to report problems (but that’s no good for you Pauline if they won’t let you on there in the first place!!)

They pinned some of the items I’d listed onto Pinterest too last night, I’m up for anything that drags people towards my Folksy shop! Time will tell if it helps with sales…

1 Like

I’ve finally got on there but not sure how to link my items to my Folksy shop. I need to have a play around with it but later on when I have more time.

Pauline

1 Like

Glad you got on there ok Pauline. When you list an item it asks you to paste in the ULR from your Folksy shop . See how you get on later : )

Right I’ve worked out how to put up an item from my shop

You click on the icon that a plus in a circle

then you up load a photo from your own computer where you store your photo’s

then it asks where you sell it and you use the bar to pick folksy
then it’s Items buy link . so you go to the item in your folksy shop and copy and paste the item url.

Then you can click either publish

or click more inform so you an write something about the item in that bit before hitting publish.

Strange it then said about once you have listed you automatically have the pro account free for 30days and after that if you don’t pay you revert to the free option.

it’ then said Close so I did and puff I was thrown out.

1 Like

Gosh I’ve just had someone pick one of my items and post it to her board. So at least my item has been seen.

1 Like

I’m still having problems with my photo’s. I shall have another try today.

Pauline

keep trying Pauline as I was using it yesterday along with Wanelo and my views have shot up for yesterday.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip - I’ll have a try! :smiley:

1 Like

It can be a bit flakey ie sometime you try to get in and it says site does not exist.

But try 30 seconds later and it’s all fine.

I’ve managed to put 2 pictures on there so far but then when I go into the item and click on the little shopping trolley it says “Internal Server Error” and doesn’t take me to the item in my shop. I’ll get there when my 30 days free trial has run out.

Pauline

I’m giving up on this site. Been trying to get the link to my folksy shop to work for a good hour now and all it keeps coming up with is
The webpage at http://images.folksy.com/axrlbxmvmtg5mtezlziwmtiwoda4lze2mdm4nda1mdqw-n/main might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error code: ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED
Its doing my nut in.

Pauline

That sounds very frustrating Pauline : /
I’ve only had a few very little hiccups- overall I’m very pleased. I saw today that two of my items have been tweeted as well as put on Pinterest… I’m going to try to put some more items on tonight, fingers crossed it goes ok again.
Emma

1 Like

I’ve got a couple of items on, went fine! It’ll be interesting to see how it goes, I could really do with being more widely seen!

2 Likes

I’ve finally worked out what I was doing wrong, so I now have links to all 3 items on there now but still need to put 2 more on there.

Pauline

1 Like

Brilliant news Pauline :slight_smile:

1 Like